Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
rv resorts with park models near Tucson

We are looking to move when we retire in a few years. We want someplace warm and the Tucson area struck us (Casa Grande) We'd love to find a nice RV Resort that has park models where we could purchase a used one. Any suggestions on where to start? Thanks!
tnsauerkraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #2

Personally, we would rule out Casa Grande. The area gets a lot of dust storms and to us the flatness and farming isn't very appealing. It's a long drive to do anything in Phoenix.

You might check out Tucson. The Voyager Resort is a very active 55+ facility for travelers, park models and homes. There are classes and activities galore. Being in Tucson you will also have many cultural, shopping, restaurants near you. Also, the medical community is suburb, including University Medical Center, a teaching facility. There are other RV parks but the Voyager is very popular. We don't live there but have heard many positive comments. Give it a look see.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #3

X2 on the Voyager Resort. We stayed there last year for 3 months and really enjoyed it. As the other poster said lots going on, 3 pools, 2 Jacuzzis, all kinds of classes & seminars, entertainment, even a talent show. Everyone is very friendly. It's a very large parks but we made friends easily.
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Look at Rincon Country West RV Resort in Tucson before you decide. There are two East and West, look at west. 4500 Mission Rd, Tucson.

Great facilities and clubs of every description and organization.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #5

We were in Casa Grande at Sunset1 RV Resort last year from Nov to Feb. We did not have dust storms. Being West of town must have helped.

It is a grand resort!!!! Lots of used units for sale.

And Casa Grande has all of the shopping and social infrastructure that you could want. While there, we did not need Phoenix/Mesa etal.

I advise to not rule out Casa Grande.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We had friends who stayed at a very nice place in Casa Grande. We visited and it was quite nice. After thinking it over and discussing what we had experienced with other friends we gave a nod to Rincon Country West. But I think Casa Grande deserves a look particularly for the Park Model market, it is a growing area and somewhat central to Phoenix and Tucson.

I wouldn't but you might.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
We were in Casa Grande at Sunset1 RV Resort last year from Nov to Feb. We did not have dust storms. Being West of town must have helped. It is a grand resort!!!! Lots of used units for sale. And Casa Grande has all of the shopping and social infrastructure that you could want. While there, we did not need Phoenix/Mesa etal. I advise to not rule out Casa Grande.
Oops!

Bad typing. It was Sundance1 RV Resort.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:50 AM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Pioneer RV Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsauerkraut View Post
We are looking to move when we retire in a few years. We want someplace warm and the Tucson area struck us (Casa Grande) We'd love to find a nice RV Resort that has park models where we could purchase a used one. Any suggestions on where to start? Thanks!
We like Pioneer RV Park near Anthem, north of Phoenix on I-17. It had fallen on lean times due in part to a land use/ownership issue with the state. The park operators were able to resolve that and now own the property. While that was going on a lot of the park model owners left. Now that the owners are bringing the park back up to snuff they are actually selling new park models to residents.

We stay there in our motor home for six weeks or so from late January to early March.

Pioneer RV Park

DW likes the proximity to retail and being able to jog in the desert. I like being near the Ben Avery Shooting Facility. Lake Pleasant is nearby. We don't use much in the way of amenities like shuffle board or swimming pool so I can't speak to the quality of those. But the spaces for park models and RV's are spacious compared to other parks.

It has a live and let live atmosphere but not to the extent of allowing junk to accumulate on the sites. It's a little quirky but so are we, therefore it's a good fit for us.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote