Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2015, 08:37 AM   #1

RV Storage ideas near Atlanta ??

We're ready to store our RV in the Atlanta area and fly home to CA for winter. Not knowing the Atlanta area, I was hoping someone out there has a recommendation for a storage facility. We will also have the rig winterized beforehand, so any suggestions for a service center in Atlanta would also be helpful.

Thanks for any help.

Karl

Karlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2015, 11:37 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
You can easily winterized it yourself for the relatively mild winters in Atlanta. I do put the pink antifreeze in the lines but you could just blow out the lines instead. Either is an easy 30 minute procedure. No need to pay someone to do that.

I am about 25 miles north of downtown. I know of two storage facilities here. Both are about $100/month for your size. Towne Lake Power and Equipment on Bells Ferry Rd., Woodstock and U-Haul Rental Center also has a large storage facility on Hwy 92 in Woodstock. Many have power. There are others in Marietta that you can Google.

Not familiar with the South Side, but you could also Google storage sites there.

Cheers!

Old 09-26-2015, 12:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
We're ready to store our RV in the Atlanta area and fly home to CA for winter. Not knowing the Atlanta area, I was hoping someone out there has a recommendation for a storage facility. We will also have the rig winterized beforehand, so any suggestions for a service center in Atlanta would also be helpful.

Thanks for any help.

Karl

Not sure if there is indoor storage in the Atlanta area. But just be sure to find a safe place to store it. National indoor rv is new to the area, but right now all they have is outside storage. There is a new indoor storage place in Chattanooga just off of i75. Really looks great from the highway. Sure there are some great places in Atlanta but you may want to go a little out from there to find something that may be safer and a little more cost friendly. Just my opinion.

Tool Man

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 09-26-2015, 02:25 PM   #4
doc

Appalachian Campers
Not sure indoor but there are fenced and storage under shelters in the Gainesville area. Lot of the storage areas are near the lake(s) in N Georgia. I know of a couple on hiway 53 up toward Dawsonville. Why don't you do a Google search for storage in Gainesville area?
Old 09-26-2015, 02:49 PM   #5

Call these folks Atlanta RV Dealer | Airstream, Aliner, Evergreen RV, Camplite (770) 271-7502, they're on the north side of Atlanta just off I-985 at Buford.

They may be able to store you in their lot or if not could probably refer you to a good facility. They're good people and I've had them so quite a bit of work on my MH.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:43 PM   #6

Thanks for the suggestions. I found one in the Lawrenceville area that should work fine. 10'x40' with gated access, 24 hr security, for $108 per month. Cubesmart storage.

Karl

Karlos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage