Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2017, 08:18 AM   #1

RV Trip Wizard

We are planning a month long trip for next year from St Louis to New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Colorado. Is the RV Trip Wizard the best tool to use for planning and also useful along the trip? Also if anyone has any suggestions about traveling in those states would be most welcome. Thanks.
aptao is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2017, 08:47 PM   #2

We're looking at Trip Wizard too. We're pretty sure this web based tool will be in our trip planning tool box along with our other items. Can't help with your other questions.

OR...

Do a forum search:
• Go to the top of the page with the different forum options and choose:
• RV Forums - drop down menu to Class A Motorhomes
• Once that main forum page loads, go to the green search box at the top and to the right and type in Trip Wizard

BTW...put your MH information into your signature
Take a couple of minutes to fill out your signature with information about your motorhome (MH). This will really help in all future posts, so you don’t have to type it in each time.
You do this by:
1) Going to the top of this page and click the top left tab named “User CP”
2) Look at the menu on the left and scroll down to “Settings & Options” and click “Edit Signature”
3) In that text box type all the information about your MH, Year, model, length, mileage, any aftermarket extras installed, your toad and so on.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:47 AM   #3

I have RV Trip Wizard software. I used this program in October 2016 to make a 3,500 mile trip. I found it to be very useful. The options that are available to you within the program are very good. It will allow you to establish your own personal parameters for travel. It lists many many campgrounds, RV Parks and State Parks along your intended travel route. The company continues to update and improve the software frequently. I just received another update last week. I had no trouble following the route I traveled. It will allow you to set number of miles you desire to travel per day or you can set it to travel by number of hours you desire. There are many programs available for RVer's and some are free. This is a subscription service with lots of information to use and modify as you desire. We like it very much.
Safe Travels and Enjoy the Country!
RoaminRichards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:09 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrich View Post
I have RV Trip Wizard software. I used this program in October 2016 to make a 3,500 mile trip. I found it to be very useful. The options that are available to you within the program are very good. It will allow you to establish your own personal parameters for travel. It lists many many campgrounds, RV Parks and State Parks along your intended travel route. The company continues to update and improve the software frequently. I just received another update last week. I had no trouble following the route I traveled. It will allow you to set number of miles you desire to travel per day or you can set it to travel by number of hours you desire. There are many programs available for RVer's and some are free. This is a subscription service with lots of information to use and modify as you desire. We like it very much.
Safe Travels and Enjoy the Country!
X2

hdrich - you mentioned you got an up date, how? I may be getting them also as IU do not keep track of the version - I have not received any notice an update is available. Just wondering????

It is a great tool to plan a trip - - puts a lot of tools at your fingertips. I also use campgroundreviews.com to compliment Trip Wizard...

g
Old 10-11-2017, 06:10 AM   #5

RV Trip Wizard is my main trip planning software. I double check some campgrounds on other sites. Once I get my trip planned I input each day of travel into my CoPilot RV GPS. I then check the two routes to make sure I take the route I want to with no surprises.

I have Trip Wizard on my laptop and my tablet.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:55 AM   #6

Now I am convince to go w/ the RV Trip Wizard. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:10 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
We've been using TripWizard for a couple of years. I don't use it as a stand alone but in conjunction with RVParkReviews, our Rand McNally GPS and even Google Maps. I can probably be considered a bit annal with my planning but I've yet to be surprised by unexpected terrain issues.

Our general plan is done in segments using TripWizard. Then confirm RV campgrounds with RVParkReviews and if there is any question about the route I "fly" it using Google Maps satellite. It kept me off Calif 1 into Fort Bragg, CA. Wow - if I hadn't of done that I'd have been watching the toad from the front of our coach - TIGHT S turns.

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:17 PM   #8

Sounds like a great app. What does it cost? Does it work on An iPhone?
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:00 AM   #9

Indy Glenn,
When you open RV Trip Wizard look up in the upper right hand corner of your software. There will be a symbol that looks like a wheel beside your name. Click on that and the drop down menu opens. The last item on that menu is "what's new". Click on that and you will get an explanation of new items that have been added to your software. They automatically add the new features for you.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:43 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRichards View Post
Indy Glenn,
When you open RV Trip Wizard look up in the upper right hand corner of your software. There will be a symbol that looks like a wheel beside your name. Click on that and the drop down menu opens. The last item on that menu is "what's new". Click on that and you will get an explanation of new items that have been added to your software. They automatically add the new features for you.
Thanks - and good morning !

g
Old 10-13-2017, 04:38 AM   #11

TXTIGER,
RV Trip Wizard is a subscription service software. The annual rate is $39. I cannot help you with IPhone question as I do not have one. I have RV Trip Wizard installed on my desktop and my laptop.
Safe Travels!
Old 10-13-2017, 05:13 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
We use our Garmin 760LMT, google maps, and since we are good sam members - for preliminary planning, http://goodsamclub.com/travel/freetriprouting/...

granted, they try to direct you toward good sam parks, but do list all other parks WITH links to park websites and reviews for each park ... I like the feature that it gives you hours, miles, cost between each leg of your trip...
Old 10-14-2017, 04:55 AM   #13

I am also a member of Good Sam Club(lifetime)and I have used the Good Sam Trip Planner. One of the things that I don't like is the campground listings. It leaves out military campgrounds and Passport America campgrounds for example. The RV Trip Wizard shows all those in planning. Since I am retired military I use those facilities as a first choice and Passport America as second choice while traveling. Also stay in COE campgrounds. RV Trip Wizard will give you all of these as an option when traveling. I also have the Garmin RV770LMT and it is very nice. Lots of new features and very easy to use.
Safe Travels to all!
America the Beautiful!
Old 10-15-2017, 05:44 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRichards View Post
I am also a member of Good Sam Club(lifetime)and I have used the Good Sam Trip Planner. One of the things that I don't like is the campground listings. It leaves out military campgrounds and Passport America campgrounds for example. The RV Trip Wizard shows all those in planning. Since I am retired military I use those facilities as a first choice and Passport America as second choice while traveling. Also stay in COE campgrounds. RV Trip Wizard will give you all of these as an option when traveling. I also have the Garmin RV770LMT and it is very nice. Lots of new features and very easy to use.
Safe Travels to all!
America the Beautiful!
To me - RV Wizard just makes life a little easier and at this stage in my life - I am in for easier.......it is a great place to start a trip.

RoaminRichards - You mentioned you have a Garmin 770LTM with lots of new features - - did you have the Garmin 760LTM? I have the 760 and wondered if it was worth the expense of the upgrade for more features?

g

Tags
trip wizard