Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2016, 10:08 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Saint Augustine, Florida

We are playing a trip in December for a week. To tour Saint Augustine. Does anyone know of a nice campground in the area. We have a class A
Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2016, 01:16 PM   #2

Bryn Mawr Ocean Resort is probably the nicest in the area. It's near everything yet quiet, with private beachfront. If you want something a little less, rvparkreviews lists several others which may suit you better.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 03:41 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
North Beach was nice. Right across the street fr the beach!
Old 02-15-2016, 03:51 PM   #4

Anastasia State Park is great too. No sewer and nicely wooded sites. Book now if there's any sites left for next December.

I'll second Bryn Mawr, we like going there. 10 min south of old St Augustine. Make sure you ask for a big rig friendly site
Old 02-15-2016, 04:09 PM   #5

This is a great one from what I hear. It is hard getting reservations but if you do so now, you will probably be ok

www.floridastateparks.org/park/Gamble-Rogers
Old 02-16-2016, 07:11 AM   #6

Not sure "hard getting reservations" adequately covers it. Never found an opening that matches our schedule there. I'll have to try harder.

One thing to remember about being right on the beach is that you can get sandblasted on windy days. One of the nice things about Bryn Mawr is that the dunes separate the beach from the camping area. Of course some people complain about that because you can't see the ocean from your camp site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olustee bus View Post
This is a great one from what I hear. It is hard getting reservations but if you do so now, you will probably be ok

www.floridastateparks.org/park/Gamble-Rogers
Old 02-16-2016, 07:28 AM   #7

Just left "Stagecoach" Nice clean park, great people, nothing fancy. Full hookups/50 Amps. Five miles from downtown.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:14 AM   #8

We stayed at Stagecoach, but only 1 night, definitely a place we will go again for a longer stay.

2014 Thor Palazzo 35.1
Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
bandorr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:30 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We stayed at Stagecoach Stagecoach RV Park Campground located in St. Augustine, FL on two different occasions last year and will be staying there for four nights at Easter this year. Nice place plenty of space and right off of I-95 and a short trip to St. Augustine. Look it up on Google Maps before going there as heading south on I-95 you get off the exit then move right over to the left lane for a left turn. There are signs there but luckily I had another RV in front of me that I figured was heading there so I followed. I would have probably been in the wrong lane for the turn when I saw the sign and have had to make a u-turn.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 05:23 PM   #10

We really like Stagecoach too. But don't expect it to be a "resort" with things to do. It is a campground. And in December, St Augustine will be chilly.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 04:07 PM   #11

We just left Stagecoach this week. We found everything mentioned above to be spot on. The only other thing I'll add is their WIFI is the best I've experienced at ANY campground.

In town make sure you visit the Spanish Bakery and t\The Bunnery on St. George St.! We went to the latter 3x in 5 days for awesome bakegoods.
McGarrett50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 04:13 PM   #12

I live about 30 minutes from St Augutine, it will likely be cool in December as mentioned, but as a rule it doesn't get 'cold' (by Florida standards) until sometime in January.
I like Anastasia State Park, but it reserves early, so reserve now if that's where you want to go. I like it because it's heavily wooded with some trees/bushes between the sites.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:26 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
If you are into really great Mexican food not the American version of Mexican but the real McCoy go to the El Portro Mexican Restaurant at 226 San Marco Blvd. in St. Augustine.

They even had Sopapilla's on their dessert menu. I always thought that was a dessert found only in the southwestern
part of the country.

I cannot vouch for any of the other locations BUT the food and service was outstanding in St. Augustine.

Plus it is NOT expensive.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 02-19-2016, 08:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podivin View Post
I live about 30 minutes from St Augutine, it will likely be cool in December as mentioned, but as a rule it doesn't get 'cold' (by Florida standards) until sometime in January.
I like Anastasia State Park, but it reserves early, so reserve now if that's where you want to go. I like it because it's heavily wooded with some trees/bushes between the sites.
Podivin, just curious what the temps are there in Dec. and Jan. as we live in Manitoba and it's somewhat colder here at that time. St. Augustine tours are available in Dec/Jan? Thanks!

dmstepa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida