Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2009, 06:24 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Anyone have a suggestion for the best RV park for a 40 footer in the San Antonio area???
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2009, 06:56 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Blazing Star on 1604 about a mile from Sea World. Check them out at Blazing Star. That's were I stay when I'm in San Antonio.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:52 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Jim:
thanks for the info...I am currently looking at an 06 Tiffin Phaeton...I have some questions...would you pleaase email me at teofff@gmail.com....teofff has 3 f's...
Thanks
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:54 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
There are a couple of good ones in the area. When we go to that area each winter we stay in the Canyon Lake area for 6-8 weeks and find that we are just about 40 miles from everything that we want to visit--Alamo-Fredericksburg--Austin--Pres. Johnsons Birth Place and Ranch--New Braudfels--Grune-- I think you get the picture.
Canyon Lake also has a Army Corp of Engineers Campground with most of the sites right on the lake.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:05 AM   #5

We were there last summer and stayed at Admiralty RV Resort. It is near Sea World. We enjoyed it. Clean, nice pool. People in office were very friendly. They do expect you to follow rules in the park, which I believe is a good thing. Some folks think they over do it.

People report their camping experience on campgroundreviews.com so check that out. There are mixed reviews for Admiralty, but our experience was very positive. Have fun in SA. We did.
RUFINIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:21 AM   #6

Traveler's World RV park on Roosevelt. It's just south of downtown, near the missions, riverwalk, etc. I've stayed there many times, have reservations to go back in a couple weeks. Nice people, quiet park, well maintained, etc. - Tony