Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #1

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Sand, sand, and more sand....

We just returned from a weekend in Brownsfield, Maine at a campground named Woodland Acres. We went for the sole purpose of baby-sitting the two grandkids...a 2 year old amf a 16 year old. Their parents were there for the annual adults only canoe trip. The campground and area in general is famous for their canoe trips along the Saco River.

The campground was quite clean had a number of W/S/E sites but most sites were occupied by tents and small, older trailers. The place was immaculately maintained, but little in the way of amenities. Small playground, no pool, and limited river swimming. (strong current). The owners were very hands-on and have only owned the place for 4 seasons. BUT....My pet peeve was all the sand and dirt. The camp roads and all sites were covered in a sand/dirt mix and it seeped in everywhere!!! It poured off and on and the splashing rain made the sand/dirt coat everything up to about 6 feet high. Even being as careful as I was and downright anal about making everyone wipe their feet before entering, I feel that my coach now looks like a giant sand-box!! I used the built-in vac daily but it never seemed to end.

Has anyone had a similar experience and what if anything did you do??

Happy to be back in my sand-free non-rolling home.

Faith
fansill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Astro turf. We have a indoor outdoor rug 8 ft X 20 ft. when eveyrone walks across it, they clean their shoes. automatically.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
Make it a point to remove shoes before going up the steps,,or better yet scope out the campground before you go there if its looks very dirty don't go there, If I am going to spend more than a few days in a campground I am not familiar with I call and ask if the roads are paved, gravel or dirt as well as the sites. Also we keep a full size house vac on board and 40 ft of outside mats just in case we have to park on dirt, with 2 dogs its the only way to keep the inside clean the dogs feet get wiped off also with large wet wipes.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
One word of caution. If you should decide to use indoor-outdoor carpet. buy the cheap stuff. We originally bought heavy duty and it was hard to manage when dry and impossible when wet. You can find it at Lowes or Home Depot.