Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sands RV and Golf Resort -Palm Springs?

We are changing our routine this winter. Normally when in this area we stay at Emerald Desert in Palm Desert and we really like the amenities. But it is pricey and getting more so, and the wifi is sickly.

So we have considered staying at Sands RV and Golf Resort in Palm Springs at about half the cost. Of course the pictures look nice on the website but google maps shows an aerial view that looks a little less inviting.

If you have stayed there recently can you give us a rundown on this place? Have you stayed there? Did you like it and why? If not why not?

We will stay at least a month maybe more. We have a dog. Golf is an attraction. My wife sews and quilts etc;

Thanks in advance.

njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We went there last year and did not like it. Very crowded, side to side and front to back. That is just our opinion. Everyone else seemed to be having a good time, playing cards, grilling, etc. We like a place with lots of space, privacy, shade trees and quiet. There are big dog walking areas.

We wanted to bail out early but the office balked at a credit card refund, even tho the paperwork we signed said nothing about early departure. Only about cancelling a short time before scheduled arrival. They would not budge, so we disputed the cc charge and eventually the disputed portion was returned to us.

We would not go there again, but we are not the typical jolly, card playing RV'ers.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
We went there last year and did not like it. Very crowded, side to side and front to back. That is just our opinion. Everyone else seemed to be having a good time, playing cards, grilling, etc. We like a place with lots of space, privacy, shade trees and quiet. There are big dog walking areas.

We wanted to bail out early but the office balked at a credit card refund, even tho the paperwork we signed said nothing about early departure. Only about cancelling a short time before scheduled arrival. They would not budge, so we disputed the cc charge and eventually the disputed portion was returned to us.

We would not go there again, but we are not the typical jolly, card playing RV'ers.

Thanks Scooter: Us Dolphin LX 6355's gotta stick together. No card players here and we like some seperation as well. We will take note.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #4

We stayed at Sands last year and going back again this year. The sites are all back in, but...unlike Emerald (we stayed there too), they have olyanders between the sites left to right. Some streets have them in the back. Patios are off set, and if you are in the back to back- we did 1st year~ you still have 4 ft green area. We took a Deluxe- they don't have anyone backed up behind ~its great for the dog just take him down the back wash or they have (2) 1 acre dog parks now. Wonderfull. Lots of grass and the dogs love it. We golf, having the golf on the site is great. The views of Mountains all around can't be beat. They have a good size pool/2 hot tubs, lots of activities besides cards. Entertainment last year dancing with Matt was great and other entertainers kept us busy. We also got involved with the hiking teams, they go out 2 times a week from the property its that popular. I think you would enjoy it. They also have a special stay something like a week and get 2 free~think its still going on.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneage View Post
We stayed at Sands last year and going back again this year. The sites are all back in, but...unlike Emerald (we stayed there too), they have olyanders between the sites left to right. Some streets have them in the back. Patios are off set, and if you are in the back to back- we did 1st year~ you still have 4 ft green area. We took a Deluxe- they don't have anyone backed up behind ~its great for the dog just take him down the back wash or they have (2) 1 acre dog parks now. Wonderfull. Lots of grass and the dogs love it. We golf, having the golf on the site is great. The views of Mountains all around can't be beat. They have a good size pool/2 hot tubs, lots of activities besides cards. Entertainment last year dancing with Matt was great and other entertainers kept us busy. We also got involved with the hiking teams, they go out 2 times a week from the property its that popular. I think you would enjoy it. They also have a special stay something like a week and get 2 free~think its still going on.

Thank you for the nice reply. We have to get moving on this reservation and we are thinking seriously about Sands.

Can you comment on their WiFi it is imperative to us that we have really good wifi service. We are installing a booster in our MH to enhance the signal. Did you use the wifi and was it fast and reliable?

Interesting our last name is Stone and I notice your avatar list you as Stoneage. Also this was yor first post---if you are new here then welcome.

And thanks for the reply.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #6

Have you checked out the comments on rvparkreviews yet?
jackandh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #7

Hi there: Sorry our name is not stone, hubby just gets irretated when trying to create user names (l0l) ~answer to wifi. Its free, works great most of the time, however you know its 5pm everyone is on the wifi and it slows down. booster idea is good, we have used them at other places. They can correct the wifi if you call the office and let them know it appears slow they check it and most times is just a reboot within 1/2 hr max. Hope you book you should enjoy the quilting and golfing!
Old 11-01-2012, 01:35 AM   #8

We have been at Emerald for the last 2 weeks, 40DP plus enclosed car hauler for the Jeep. Super nice park, I was amazed at all the "get ready" for the big season, mowing, planting seeding etc. Emerald really does a nice job. Folks next to us are headed to Sands with their 5er, we took the tour with Kerry at MotorCoach Country Club yesterday and checked the ads in the FMCA monthly and found some great rates, far less than Emerald for a lot more park. we'll be staying for atleast another week or two befor heading back to Wa for snow. I want to hang with the guy who's had 2 new Newells in 8 months there. Maybe it'll rub off on me !This time of year there are some great deals to be had on premium spots.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:44 AM   #9

The park has everything you will need to enjoy your stay. We stayed there six weeks last January and Feb.
We found that the wind blows more on the east side of I10 than on the west.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:15 AM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardc4 View Post
The park has everything you will need to enjoy your stay. We stayed there six weeks last January and Feb.
We found that the wind blows more on the east side of I10 than on the west.

Thank you for the reply. We are reserved there this year and the comments helped us make up our minds. So begining in January we will find out how living is in Desert Hot Springs for two months.

I know we are not going to enjoy the dust the wind will bring however that just comes with the desert.

If the wifi is not healthy enough for us we will just subscribe to Quest or another carrier. We typically do that for long term anyway.