Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
JVJ

Santa Fe, NM this time of year?

We are looking for a trip to take for a few days. The wife is thinking Santa Fe, NM in a couple of weeks.
Do any of you have any past experiance with Santa Fe in the late July time of year? What do we expect in the way of weather? Anything that we sould put on a must do list? Or a good place to eat in the way of local hot spots? Recommendations on a nice Campground, pool is not a must have, clean, quite, comfortable, relaxing for a mid 50s couple is however.
Thanks for any assistance,
JVJ
JVJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVJ View Post
We are looking for a trip to take for a few days. The wife is thinking Santa Fe, NM in a couple of weeks.
That should be a very nice trip. If you like you can Blog it here using our resources. Don't forget to laeve a few campground reviews while you are travelling! Enjoy and have a ball!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have stayed at the KOA in Bernallio, north of Albquerque. It is not your typical KOA, they are very nice and accomodating. PLENTY of good restaurants in the area and it is about 45 min from Santa Fe. The owners can give you lots of advice on what to see and where to eat. Look on the net for road trips and site seeing in Northern NM. The weather should be great. Beautiful skys and a chance of a few showers in the afternoon. The big baloon fiesta is in October and is something to see if you ever get the chance. You will love it.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:25 PM   #4

We enjoyed going to Bandelier to see the cave dwellings. But that's just us. I don't like to shop. Stop in at the Visitors center on your way to Santa Fe and you can pick up lots of info on places to go and things to do. While there sign up and receive the Enchantment Card My daughter used one at the local Sonic just last week and got $3 off her order.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #5

I would recommend Santa Fe Skies Campground. It's on a hill overlooking the city and you have a view of the surrounding areas. I've stayed at three campgrounds there and Santa Fe Skies was my best experience.
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:54 PM   #6

Solo Rvers Club
if you go to the weather site, you can check the temps
from even a year ago, as well as a 10 day forecast
Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground
cameo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Santa Fe

We live in New Mexico just south of Albuquerque. Santa Fe is higher elevation so at leasst 10 degrees cooler. It is also high desert so evenings cool down 20 degrees. You should have no problem camping in Santa Fe this time of year. It will be hot, but it's a dry heat!
Nedra
Nedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedra View Post
We live in New Mexico just south of Albuquerque.
Good heavens you live in Los Lunas!!! We are just a little farther south in Socorro! It's a small world!
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:39 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Good heavens you live in Los Lunas!!! We are just a little farther south in Socorro! It's a small world!
Hi Lorna, actually we live in Belen. Los Lunas is our mailing address.

Nedra
Nedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:30 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
We are holding up in Las Cruces, taking care of the grandaughter. Our daughter just returned from Iraq, she is the Logistics Officer for the 515th National guard unit in Belen. What a small world. We have lived in the las Cruces area for 29 years. Sold the place in 07 and was doing a little running around until we took on the grandaughter. We are back on the road in Oct.

I would highly recommend the high road from Santa Fe to Taos, then do the Enchanted Circle. You will not be disappointed. I cannot remember the name of the RV park in Taos, but is is near the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge. I also recommend Michael's Kitchen in Taos, great food. There is so much to see and do in the area and it will not cost you an arm and leg if you stay away from the tourist activities. In Albq check out the Owl Cafe, and visit Old Town.
desertrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:00 AM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Hi Jon,

This is where we are staying at then end of August. A little north of Santa Fe but still close enough for a day trip.

RV Park located in Beautiful Rural Northern New Mexico
Texun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:41 AM   #12

Santa Fe

We stayed at Santa Fe Skies RV(I-25 exit #276) on 7/14 while traveling between Ruidoso, NM and Leadville, CO. They had a Group Rally goin on and it was full. The wx was hot(99) and humid because it was trying to rain but most was evaporating before it hit the ground. In the AM it was 70. We always stay at Santa Fe Skies RV park when we go snow skiing there. We are from San Antonio so we avoid Santa Fe summer heat as much as possible.

A great restaurant/hotel there is La Fonda. It is an historic building and its in the artsea fartsea area of town.

We hope this helps
lonestarace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:25 PM   #13

In Santa Fe now.

We are at the Trailer Ranch RV Resort, 3471 Cerrillos Road, in Santa Fe. It is a great park but is for 55 yrs and older. We leave Wed but will stay here again.

RJ
RJEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:38 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Cochiti Lake

Cochiti is located between Santa Fe and Bernallilo NM. Easy access, Golf Course, Large Lake and all new campsites. 50 amp service, pull throughs for 45'

$20/night State Park.. Very nice sites and clean. Very scenic.. 5 Star *****
Out of the way but not in the sticks...

From I-25, take the Cochiti Lake exit (NM 22) and follow the signs to the town of Cochiti Lake and the Pueblo de Cochiti golf course. Before you arrive at either of these, you will see the turnoff to the right into the recreation area. I think this is exit #16... Go West just a few miles... On the way, you'll see a sign for Tetillia Campground. It's on the East side of the same lake as Cochiti. Pronounced: Coach-eh-tee or Co-che-tee Pueblo Indian Reservation

Cohiti Dam is in the top 10 of the US's largest dams.
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote