Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2014, 01:24 AM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to GunnyClark
Post Savannah GA need long term RV Park

Hi All - I am heading to Savannah Georgia in a couple of weeks for a year long contract at Gulfstream Aerospace (I-95 & I-16) and am looking for a decent and Safe RV Park within 20 miles that has full hookups i.e. 30 amp, water, sewer & wi-fi either back in or pull through for a decent price - I do not need a fishing lake or view of the water since I am there to work, also need to be motorcycle and pet friendly since I am bringing my bike and 13 lb beagle (she will be joining later on but she doesn't bark or have the beagle yowl)

someplace that offers military discount would be great but not required

(I just turned down a gig in Coatsville PA 5 hrs from my home because of the oil boom in the area the cost for a bare spot avg 750 mo plus elect with some being in someones back yard LOL - I am hitting the road to make money not spend on a plot of dirt that costs the same as my home mortgage )

Thanks For your Help
Gunny
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2014, 02:51 AM   #2

We stop at this park Hardeeville RV when we want to visit Savannah. It is about 6 or 7 miles out of Savannah and actually in South Carolina. They do not have a lake or a pool, but the place is well maintained. The electric and water is excellent. Their Wi-Fi is one of the best we have encountered. They have a laundry but we have never been in it. Also they have a very nice dog park. Access to I-95 & I-16 would be easy from this park and well within your mileage range. If your going to be there for a year try and get one of the more shady spots because the sun in the summer time can be brutal. I don't see where they give a military discount, but they do give one for Passport America. Give them a call and ask, they are very nice people that run this park. By the way, they don't do Visa or M/C either, cash or check only.
Good luck on your job.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:27 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am about an hour from Savannah to the south at Catheead Creek Ranch RV park and Cowboy Church.

This is a small park (about 2 dozen sites) and fairly quite except for the wildlife (Birds and frogs) which can get a tad noisy.. NO shade, but good 50 amps on most all (but one, and it is occupied) sites, Bill, the Preacher man who owns it (pastor of church) is a great guy.

I-95, Exit 49, N.W. about 3 miles.. The road you are on will take a sharp turn to the right but another road continues straight from there.

Take the straight road.. You will see a white fence, the end of the fence is the driveway 375 includes Water, Sewer, Electric (50 amps) and Wi-Fi.

Site 11 is open (i'm on 12)
Old 08-14-2014, 10:35 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSP1268 View Post
We stop at this park Hardeeville RV when we want to visit Savannah. It is about 6 or 7 miles out of Savannah and actually in South Carolina. They do not have a lake or a pool, but the place is well maintained. The electric and water is excellent. Their Wi-Fi is one of the best we have encountered. They have a laundry but we have never been in it. Also they have a very nice dog park. Access to I-95 & I-16 would be easy from this park and well within your mileage range. If your going to be there for a year try and get one of the more shady spots because the sun in the summer time can be brutal. I don't see where they give a military discount, but they do give one for Passport America. Give them a call and ask, they are very nice people that run this park. By the way, they don't do Visa or M/C either, cash or check only.
Good luck on your job.
We are just up the road from this park, volunteering at Savannah National Wildlife Refuge. We've driven past Hardeeville RV a couple of times and it looks OK, fairly large sites and trees for shade. If you end up there, go eat at the Pink Pig just up the street. Best barbecue we've had in a long time. There is also a very convenient way of getting to the Savannah riverside area without driving into downtown. Take Highway 17 to Hutchinson Island and follow the signs to the Convention Center. There is free parking and a free ferry boat that stops at 2 locations on River Street.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:59 AM   #5

For a cheap place that appears to be safe and is close to Savannah, try the Sunshine RV Park. Nothing fancy but the rate for the month, includes electric, basic cable is only 475.00 per month. Is only 6 miles from downtown Savannah, very close to I16. I've been here a year and love Savannah so I'll be here awhile until I get tired of the area, hasn't happened yet.

There seems to be a few people that are here for construction and temp jobs. Dog friendly as long as you pick up after them and walk them on a leash.

Kaye
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote