Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:29 PM   #15
iRV2 No Limits Club
Years ago my son got stranded at the KOA in Kent. Drove our 39' DSDP up to help out. Found that, as was earlier posted: the site was "big rig unfriendly". I was able to get into a space but had to use the grass to do it.

2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #16
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I can't recommend Maple Grove in Everett. The spaces were very narrow and extremely Unlevel. I had my front tires 12" or more off of the ground and we still weren't level. I asked for another space and they told me that was all they had available. We left a day early and forfeited on nights fee.

Wayne & Roberta and Maggie the Miracle Dog
08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis
Making the Journey in our Destination

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #17
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We've stayed about ten days at Maple Grove this past spring, and a month at Lakeside last year. They're both on Rt 99 in Everett- the very south end of Everett, in the area of Paine Field, so only about 20 min from downtown. These are urban RV parks, not campgrounds, make no mistake. But if you have a need to be near Seattle, they are fine. Some of the sites have a slope, but we had no big problem. Folks are friendly, spaces are adequate (we are 40ft DSDP, 3 slides), parks are clean and quiet. These places seem to cater largely to contract technicians and professionals in the area-- Boeing, etc. There's also a third park-- Harbour Pointe--nearby that appears very similar but we've never stayed there. Lake Pleasant in Bothell is well recommended, and looks somewhat more spacious on the sat photos, but we've never been there. Good Luck!
John & Diane, Fulltimers. RVM103 NHSO
On the road since June '12 with Lincoln, the guard cat.
2002 Dutch Star 40, Freightliner, Cat 3126, 2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:47 PM   #18
If you don't have a reservation by now, you may be out of luck. Assuming you find a place here are the places I recommend you see:

Boeing Plant tour in Everett where they make the 767,777,787,747
Pike Place Market
Experience Music Experience
Seattle Center/Space Needle
Seattle Aquarium
MOHI Museum of History and Industry
LeMay car museum (Tacoma)
Chihuly glass museum (Tacoma)
Museum of Flight (Boeing Field in South Seattle)

Will take at least 3 days just to see these in Seattle and Tacoma; Then there is the Olympic Peninsula, Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens and more!

Enjoy your stay.
Joe in Seattle; winter: Motorcoach CC, Indio, CA
2015 Essex 4503
2010 Honda CRV toad
RUFINIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #19
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well we got there. Stopped at Snoqualmie Falls on the way, not to be missed! When we called this AM, both Lake Pleasant and the Kent KOA were booked for the weekend, but we landed the big pull through at the asphalt jungle called Trailer Inn RV Park. Other than no ambiance, sewer hookup 20 feet away, poor internet and a tricky route off I90, it is actually just OK. The guy at the front desk was very helpful regarding getting into town and what to do when we got there. This afternoon we did the space needle and the adjacent Chihuly glass exhibit as well as the Duck ride. Tomorrow the waterfront, Pike Place market and a ferry ride. The freeways are a little more complicated than in Detroit. We did stop at the almost adjacent to Trailer Inn Outback for a 46th anniversary dinner (at 9:00). Just couldn't bring ourselves to figure out at 8:00 how to get to the waterfront we saw an the Duck tour for dinner. We'll do that tomorrow.

Hey, are the roads to Rainier and St Helens big RV friendly? The desk guy said that the 101 along the coast is RV friendly and to definitely stop at Coos Bay
Ole and Anne Anderson, Highland, Michigan
'02 Adventurer 32V, Ford F-53, ours since 4/08,Goodyears, Konis, SeeLevel, CHF
'84 CJ-7 , 5.3 Chevy, 3" lift, 33's, Detroit Locker, Fiberglas tub, winch, hi-lift
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:10 AM   #20
Just drove up to Mt Rainier and Mt St Helens last week. Recommend you park your RV and take your toad. Narrow roads and no parking when you get there for an RV of any size.
There is RV parking at the Mt Saint Helens visitor center for RVs but it's still about 50 each way from there to Mt St Helens.
2009 Berkshire 390 QS and toad
Retired and traveling
no3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #21
Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to markwho40 Send a message via Yahoo to markwho40 Send a message via Skype™ to markwho40
i have a 17 year old rv and i know there are rv parks that well not rent a spot if the rv is more then 10 years old which it not right to me and my rv doesnt look old its in mint condition inside and out so how can i find a rv park when i start traveling oct. 25 that well take my class a 36 ft winnebago please help because i get tired of calling places and here no and id like it easyer to find good places to be with my rv
markwho40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:14 PM   #22
Originally Posted by markwho40 View Post
i have a 17 year old rv and i know there are rv parks that well not rent a spot if the rv is more then 10 years old which it not right to me and my rv doesnt look old its in mint condition inside and out so how can i find a rv park when i start traveling oct. 25 that well take my class a 36 ft winnebago please help because i get tired of calling places and here no and id like it easyer to find good places to be with my rv
If you are looking in the Seattle area, Maple Grove will not. I'm am pretty sure that Lakeside and Pleasant RV will.

coupevilleDF is online now   Reply With Quote

need help