Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
Sebastian Inlet State Park, FL

I just came back from Sebastian Inlet SP in FL. Tried out my new inflatable kayak in the inlet. Im thinking that was a mistake. Currents and wind out on the open water make that a real challenge. This is one of the most beautiful beaches in FL with no visible development and the biggest waves on the east coast. The camp ground is well maintained and the staff is very friendly but the no see ums, AKA sand flees can be very hungry in the camp sites. Voltage was 109-107 at the post with only a few sites with 50 AMP service. I will invest in a surge protector before I go back. Bring DVD's as the TV reception is poor. It is a very popular place because you can't get into it in the winter.

Denis, Ruth and Gracie
the K-9 Dashboard Ornament
2007 Newmar Baystar 3202
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Owners Club
Its a beautiful place very scenic but we cannot go back there because the noseeums are KILLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My brother in law tries to go there for a week in Jan or Feb he does a lot of fishing so for that week my sister in law does not come out of the motorhome because of the killers.

07 Itasca Ellipse 40fd, 2014 Honda CRV, greyhound lab mix, pit pointer mix(RIP bessie) , shar pei mix, stupid cat, wife
GG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
Monaco Owners Club

We live about 8 miles from the inlet, the no-see-ums are only bad during certain times. All the afternoon rains the last few weeks have made it one of those times. They are worse in the SP than they are in the County Park (Long Point) just on the other side of the inlet.

The inlet is very scary as the water comes in and out of the river to the ocean at high or low tides. It can even scare you in a power boat. There have been occasions that we have had to use full power to get out to the ocean.

The power in both parks is terrible, you almost need a voltage regulator. Both parks are nice, but I prefer Long Point. During the winter the county residences can't even use the park as it is full with all of our friends from the north.

Come enjoy our beaches and sunshine, both are free (beaches and sunshine, not the parks).
2005 Safari Cheetah 38PDQ - 2009 Ford Flex
Me (Gatogonow), The Boss (DW), Honey Bunny, Maggie May and Mollie Kay (The Gatos)!
Jim Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
Hi Jim:
I like your sign off at the bottom of your email. I did just that at Sebastian Inlet SP. I made sure I cleaned the area and even the bushes around it before I left because the previous campers left a lot of trash thrown around. As I was in the bushes I found a great fishing real and rod. I just have to put a new hook on it and away I go. I think it had to cost about what I spent on 4 days worth of camping. Ain't Karma great.

Denis, Ruth and Gracie
the K-9 Dashboard Ornament
2007 Newmar Baystar 3202
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #5
Sebastian inlet is a good place to see manatee's I was just there in July celebrating my birthday and went down to see how the fish were biting. A guy there was walking along the north fishing pier with a hammer jack a good size fish but in the other hand he was holding his broken rod the fish he caught with then broke just as he lifted it up 25' to the fishing pier.What luck you sometimes have getting in the big ones. Althought it was a short trip of 5 days the beach and inlet is a great place to be . you can't stop the dawn Colorado
uinahurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:00 AM   #6
noseeums aka flying teeth.At their size and biting ability they must be all teeth.

bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote