Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2004, 12:19 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
My wife and I are planning to be in the Arizona area between Christmas and New Years and would like any suggestions on campgrounds in the Sedona area and do you suggest reservations during that time of year.

Jim
40FT FDFS #75725
Rusty Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2004, 12:19 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
My wife and I are planning to be in the Arizona area between Christmas and New Years and would like any suggestions on campgrounds in the Sedona area and do you suggest reservations during that time of year.

Jim
40FT FDFS #75725
Rusty Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 07:38 PM   #3

My parents recently stayed at the Rancho Sedona RV Resort and said it was really nice. There are some nice spots right on Oak Creek. They are in the trailer life directory and I think they have their own website. Good luck!

2005 GMC cc swb 4x4 Duramax/ Allison
B-Rad502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 04:56 AM   #4

Jim,

Try this link. Very nice park last time I was there a couple of years ago. Will be meeting friends there in three weeks. Highly recommend reservations. They are a bit pricey but remember, it is Sedona.

Rancho Sedona

Hope this helps.

Rick B.
Tucson

03 Horizon 39QD
Rick Buddrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 01:28 PM   #5

There are two good campgrounds at Camp Verde Az. which is just a few miles from Sedona. One is a western Horizons campground and accepts c2c. I don't remember the names. While there go to Jerome and also the Verde Canyon Railroad trip is a do not miss.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:48 AM   #6

Dead Horse Sate Park is on of the nicest we have stayed in...$19 a night...It's in Cottonwood and has large pull thrus...

2005 Itasca Sunova 30B/Workhorse
Robert & Kiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 09:30 AM   #7

Jim, Like others have said, Rancho Sedona is nice. It's kind of small so call ahead to check availability. Dead Horse State Park like Robert mentioned is a great place but they do not take reservations. We like dead horse because it is centrally located for all the sites and attractions in the area.

& 2 DD's, plus the yellow camping labs.
Sundevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 01:03 PM   #8

Yes you will need reservations. It starts getting busy now until the end of March. I lived in that area at one time and had some people stay in our yard one time as they got to their destination one day early and the park could not take them.
Sissy7378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:36 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Don't you need to add the $6.00 daily entrance fee to the camp cost of $19.00 at Dead Horse Sate Park?
alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote