Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2016, 06:21 AM   #1

Sharing my trip to Mackinac Island - Must visit, Period!

Hello All,

We travel in our RV everywhere, we do less camping and more of traveling so we can see places. We travelled from Norther VA to Mackinac Island and I have to admit that is one of the beautiful place, taken back in time.

I have recorded the video of visit, below is the link

Mackinac Island- Click!

There is a nice campground Tipi with a nice view of the bridge.

Enjoy and safe travels everyone

Smokey (Ganesh)
smokey_truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2016, 06:32 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
It's a wonderful place. Thanks for sharing. As a Michigander I was there a couple times as a child but never as an adult. (Which I qualify now only in age.) Probably time to go back.

If you haven't been to Frankenmuth, MI. you should check it out when you're in the lower part of Michigan again.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:32 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the video. We will be heading that way in a few weeks for a RV rally. Hoping for good weather.
rgmiller32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
It's a wonderful place. Thanks for sharing. As a Michigander I was there a couple times as a child but never as an adult. (Which I qualify now only in age.) Probably time to go back.

If you haven't been to Frankenmuth, MI. you should check it out when you're in the lower part of Michigan again.
Thanks, yes actually someone mentioned to checkout Franknmuth and we did end up going there and visited "Bronners" christmas shop and also don't remember the name of the place ate some fired chicken there.

Nice German feel in that place.

Smokey (Ganesh)
Old 07-06-2016, 09:50 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey_truck View Post
Thanks, yes actually someone mentioned to checkout Franknmuth and we did end up going there and visited "Bronners" christmas shop and also don't remember the name of the place ate some fired chicken there.

Nice German feel in that place.

Smokey (Ganesh)
That would be Zehnder's
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
That would be Zehnder's
Correct, that is it. Thanks
Old 07-06-2016, 10:48 AM   #7

We were at Mackinac Island in late April/early May this year. Enjoyed it! Then we went up to the Soo Locks, and then Copper Harbor. Ran into a bit of snow along the way. Then to far Western Michigan and even crossed into Central time zone while on a hike, then back across the Mac Bridge and onto Frankenmuth. We had allotted two full days there, but we actually finished walking around in about 6 hours including a fabulous "lupper" (lunch/supper) at Bavarian Inn Restaurant where the waitress was a delight.

We stayed at a old campground just North of the Mac Bridge that used to be an Indian burial grounds at the turn of the century. While there about 50 people showed up to have a old fashion religious revival complete with music, singing, clapping and a lot of "Amens".

Then the campground near Frankenmuth we stayed at was Wesleyan Woods a Passport America campground. No alcohol was allowed, but smoking was permitted. I thought that was a bit odd. This is a very nice campground!

Michigan State Park campgrounds are gems even though the recreation passport system is confusing. Even the park attendants were confused if we had to have a separate passport for the motorhome and toad. Traveling at that time of the year several campgrounds didn't have the water turned on yet.

Thanks for your post Smokey, you brought back a flood of memories.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:09 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for the video. Mackinac is on our bucket list!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 02:02 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey_truck View Post
Hello All,

We travel in our RV everywhere, we do less camping and more of traveling so we can see places. We travelled from Norther VA to Mackinac Island and I have to admit that is one of the beautiful place, taken back in time.

I have recorded the video of visit, below is the link

Mackinac Island- Click!

There is a nice campground Tipi with a nice view of the bridge.

Enjoy and safe travels everyone

Smokey (Ganesh)
You should go there for the July 4th picnic at the Fort. We have been the past 2 years...fabulous! We stayed this year at Mill Creek Campground. Its is a fantastic place with shuttles to the ferry and Macinack city.