Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2004, 03:18 AM   #1

We're thinking of hosting at one of the campgrounds at SNP next summer. On the off chance that we'll have a choice of which one or if there is one to avoid we'd like to know what the thoughts are of anyone who has camped inside the park. We were there several years ago but camped in Front Royal. Loft Mountain, Big Meadow, Lewis Mountain and Matthew's Arm are the campgrounds. Thanks in advance.

Mrs. Camper
Mr. Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2004, 03:18 AM   #2

We're thinking of hosting at one of the campgrounds at SNP next summer. On the off chance that we'll have a choice of which one or if there is one to avoid we'd like to know what the thoughts are of anyone who has camped inside the park. We were there several years ago but camped in Front Royal. Loft Mountain, Big Meadow, Lewis Mountain and Matthew's Arm are the campgrounds. Thanks in advance.

Mrs. Camper
Old 01-02-2005, 06:18 PM   #3

I have not camped at either of those places, but I do go to the Jellystone every year in Luray. That is a fantastic campground if you have children.

Big Meadows had a very nice lodge with entertainment in a basement pub.

31ft Dutchmen Royal Classic
Rob Hentges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 07:44 AM   #4

We camp at the SNP campgrounds quite frequently! I personally can't think of one I wouldn't want to host! :> Big Meadows and Loft Mountain are the largest....and will be the most crowded...but still are beautiful campgrounds. Lewis is the smallest. Mathew's Arm is the only one with no showers and no hot water but because of that is the least used and quietest! We've seen bear there a few times too! Deer will roam though every one of them. The host sites at all of them have full hookups (they're the only sites that have hookups at all) so lack of hot water won't be a problem for you. Loft and Big Meadows have the best access for shopping and restaurants...Lewis has a small gift/grocery shop, Mathews has no shop at all. If there is anything else i can help you with just ask! :> You can check out my Webshots page http://community.webshots.com/user/vjm1639

There are several pictures of Lewis, Mathews Arm, and Big Meadows campgrounds.
vjm1639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 01:49 PM   #5

That's exactly the kind of information I was hoping to find out. Thanks very much.

Mrs. Camper
Old 01-07-2005, 02:43 AM   #6

Happy to help and as I said, anything else we can help with just let us know. Who knows...if you're a host in the SNP I may see ya this season! It's one of our absolute favorite places to be!
Old 01-07-2005, 12:15 PM   #7

We'll certainly let you know if we get one of the host positions this summer.

Mrs. Camper
Old 01-10-2005, 04:26 AM   #8

Good luck!