Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2015, 06:58 PM   #1

Shenango River Lake Campground, Transfer, PA

I stopped at Shenango River Lake Campground on my way west from Connecticut where I spent much of the summer at Lake Waramaug Campground in New Preston. I was headed west to visit the 7 remaining states I needed to get to in order to have been to all 50. Shenango River Lake Campground isn't far north of I-80, the route I was traveling. It's an Army Corps of Engineers campground. A full report with photos can be found on my free blog here. Sign up there for free email notices when I make new posts.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2015, 07:57 PM   #2

Red your blog. Few comments

If you are,at all familiar with the ACE then you would understand that almost all are dams or water control structures on a river. So its a lake on a river!!!!
The area around Hermitage is actually beautiful. Lots of history etc. Many small towns to explore within 20 miles. This is an old camgroynd and is heavily used by local all summer long especially on weekends.

Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana25K View Post
Red your blog. Few comments

If you are,at all familiar with the ACE then you would understand that almost all are dams or water control structures on a river. So its a lake on a river!!!!
The area around Hermitage is actually beautiful. Lots of history etc. Many small towns to explore within 20 miles. This is an old camgroynd and is heavily used by local all summer long especially on weekends.
Hahah. Yes of course... I know what the ACE does. I've not encountered a body of water before that was referred to as both a lake and a river so I found that amusing and was poking fun.

Thanks for the info about the Hermitage area. If you would make that comment on my blog too for other readers it would be great.

Tags
campground