Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV CAMPING FORUMS > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #1

So CAL

My name is Joel I recently joined this forum.Is there anything out there where member can go and travel and stay at other members homes or ranch.It`s hard making reservations in cal to many people not enough spaces so we stay at a private ranch pay the owner and help if we can I`m a diesel mechanic by trade It works out great for everyone .I have a ranch in ojai ca could easily hold 5 big pushers I have no hookups just beautiful views and safe place.sometimes priceless .I`m 30 minutes to great surfing and 10 min to town great shopping and food entertainment and great weather alot of famous people if so desired its suppose to be 80`s with good surf contact if interested and if you have room offer your place no weirdo`s please thanx have a great day

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Come on Veg Guy, we're ALL Weirdo's on this forum!! lol

We want to save the forests so we can camp but we drive vehicles that get 6mpg.
We drive miles to avoid the crowds but we can't wait to gab with our RV neighbors.
We spend tons of money on our rigs, but we search for WalMarts to stay for free.
We drive south to avoid the cold, and then run the AC until we need a sweater!

Non-RVers think we're nuts. On some points, they are right.

RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to LandKinaMoho
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEG GUY View Post
My name is Joel I recently joined this forum.Is there anything out there where member can go and travel and stay at other members homes or ranch.It`s hard making reservations in cal to many people not enough spaces so we stay at a private ranch pay the owner and help if we can I`m a diesel mechanic by trade It works out great for everyone .I have a ranch in ojai ca could easily hold 5 big pushers I have no hookups just beautiful views and safe place.sometimes priceless .I`m 30 minutes to great surfing and 10 min to town great shopping and food entertainment and great weather alot of famous people if so desired its suppose to be 80`s with good surf contact if interested and if you have room offer your place no weirdo`s please thanx have a great day
Sounds like you could be onto something....cheers
LandKinaMoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #4

I have thought about this before too. Need a place to offer private sites for trade or free. Anyone like central Iowa, anytime but the winter?, we have 2 camping sites on a small lake with full hook-ups. Would love to trade with someone anywhere.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #5

Ojai sounds great to me. I camp at Rincon when I can get in. 27 ft 5r set up to dry camp. Live near Gorman. Pulled my first cummins pan at 13 yrs old now 70. we probably have a lot in common. Spent summers in 1957-58 in upper Cauyanama valley working on last Reyes rancho's.