Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
SoCal

Looking for a nice place to camp with kids in a 40 pusher. I'm know there is a lot of places but I am having a hard time finding places for my rig with short notice.

Thanks,
Rigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2011, 10:29 AM   #2

Sweetwater campsite in Bonita is a great place. It is about 15 miles from ocean, great hiking, weather, golf...upper half is brand new and very nice with full hook ups. Enjoy! They have a lot of spots open... we like 144 or 129 but all are good.

County of San Diego: Sweetwater Regional Park

2004 Mandalay 38B
Turferrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:25 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks, I will check that out.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #4

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

We really enjoy the San Diego Metro KOA...don't have any children, but families seem to really enjoy. Pool, playground, basketball hoops, doggie park, lots of trees and grass. A bike path close by that goes to the Marina. Spaces are level, large and have grass. They will bring a metal fire pit to your space for fire and smores.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Chula Vista RV---might have spots, I've never been turned down, Huge city park for the kids surrounds the place, beach front, dog friendly, they also have planned kids activities, a Marina close by as well as two respectable restaurants within walking distance.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:08 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
There is a very nice park in Long Beach, Ca. right next to the Queen Mary.

Check RV Park Reviews :: Home for the name because I forgot.

jack
Jack R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:15 PM   #7

Where in So Calif do you want to be.

We like Cachuma county park above Santa Barbara, Great for kids and you can drive to Solvang and the wineries in the Santa Ynez area. The movie "Sideways" was filmed in the area.

If you are looking for someplace close in, there is a park right off the 91 in Yorba Linda called Canyonlands. We have been there a couple of times (close to where we keep our 40 foot Safari.) Nice place if you want to use as a base for Mouseland.

The park in Long Beach is OK. I live about 15 minutes from there. Sites are close together, but you can take bikes or walk along a trail on the water.

Further down in Orange county around Huntington beach you can boondock in the park on the beach. Great beach. Huge surf right now.

San Clemente state park is ok. Parks in San Diego along the bay are nice but can be really expensive.

If you want to do the dessert, Borrego Springs RV Park is as nice as they get. Nice 9 hole golf course. Great salt water pool and two hot springs hot tubs. Clean as a whistle and dog friendly

Good luck

Rick
pvrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:59 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks everyone. I have a lot of homework to do.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:26 PM   #9

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvrick View Post
Further down in Orange county around Huntington beach you can boondock in the park on the beach. Great beach. Huge surf right now.

Rick
Where about's is this. The city park or the state park?
Only place I know of is Bolsa Chica state beach and need advance reservations to get in.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:41 AM   #10

Campland on the Bay in San Diego is right on the water with a private beach, skate park, basketball, dog park, close to all San Diego attractions. Lots for the kids to do. GS discount too.