Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2007, 10:29 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Some valuable lessons learned this week. I'll pass along here.

1. The Anaheim Vacation Park no longer exists. It was bulldozed sometime in the last two years. There are condos in it's place. CG websites that review parks are still providing info on it. Don't get "stuck" like I did.
a. Google Maps shows the park in it's "pre-condo" configuration.
b. Windows Live maps shows the park after the earth moving equip has levelled it; but before the condos were built.

2. Anaheim RV Park on Midway is a nice park with everything you need. Cable, HBO, pool, clean showers/bath, etc. Nice folks there too. One con is how close the pads are together. My awning almost touched (within inches) the street side awning of the next camper. Same situation on my street side as well. No scenery but great fireworks show from Disneyland at 9:30 each night. Free shuttle to and from the park.

3. Anaheim RV Village on Anaheim Blvd is now open and looked like it offered everything the the park in # 2 above did; with the addition of more space at each spot. No scenery but great fireworks show like above.

4. We didn't do Disneyland. We went to Knots Berry Farm and Soak City. Soak City was much more fun.
a. No toad meant finding transport to the park from # 2 above. Taxi fare was $24 by freeway and $27 by the back roads. I won't do that again. I'll be looking for a bus ride until I get my toad setup. You could have ridden a bike. It would have been about 7 miles.
b. The entrance to Knots Berry Farm "proper" will direct you to Soak City as well. That makes sense. But because the water park is on the opposite side of Beach Blvd, we were looking for an entrance on the E. side of the blvd. Nope, don't make that mistake. I'm sure that cost me a couple of $$ of extra taxi ride. The driver was obviously of muslim origin and either couldn't help or wouldn't. I don't want to mix words here, but I can't believe he let me wander into that gopher hole.

5. FREE OVERNIGHTER - None of the WalMarts will let you use their parking lots. They all belong to some other larger retail corporation and claim they don't own their parking lots. I called one in Buena Park; no joy. Visited the one in Anaheim; no joy. Finally got in touch with WalMart in Orange, CA ( Village on the Orange; or something like that/North Tustin Ave ). That WalMart also said NO. However, they referred me to the mall security office and I was able to work a drug deal with them to spend about 9 hours there overnight. They asked us to park behind SEARS and be gone by 9:00 am. No issues! I recommend it. There is a SEARS auto-repair shop that opens 2 hours before the mall. Bought some oil there.

That's my report. Hope it helps someone.

Full-timing by necessity. . . not choice.
Kernel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2007, 10:29 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Some valuable lessons learned this week. I'll pass along here.

1. The Anaheim Vacation Park no longer exists. It was bulldozed sometime in the last two years. There are condos in it's place. CG websites that review parks are still providing info on it. Don't get "stuck" like I did.
a. Google Maps shows the park in it's "pre-condo" configuration.
b. Windows Live maps shows the park after the earth moving equip has levelled it; but before the condos were built.

2. Anaheim RV Park on Midway is a nice park with everything you need. Cable, HBO, pool, clean showers/bath, etc. Nice folks there too. One con is how close the pads are together. My awning almost touched (within inches) the street side awning of the next camper. Same situation on my street side as well. No scenery but great fireworks show from Disneyland at 9:30 each night. Free shuttle to and from the park.

3. Anaheim RV Village on Anaheim Blvd is now open and looked like it offered everything the the park in # 2 above did; with the addition of more space at each spot. No scenery but great fireworks show like above.

4. We didn't do Disneyland. We went to Knots Berry Farm and Soak City. Soak City was much more fun.
a. No toad meant finding transport to the park from # 2 above. Taxi fare was $24 by freeway and $27 by the back roads. I won't do that again. I'll be looking for a bus ride until I get my toad setup. You could have ridden a bike. It would have been about 7 miles.
b. The entrance to Knots Berry Farm "proper" will direct you to Soak City as well. That makes sense. But because the water park is on the opposite side of Beach Blvd, we were looking for an entrance on the E. side of the blvd. Nope, don't make that mistake. I'm sure that cost me a couple of $$ of extra taxi ride. The driver was obviously of muslim origin and either couldn't help or wouldn't. I don't want to mix words here, but I can't believe he let me wander into that gopher hole.

5. FREE OVERNIGHTER - None of the WalMarts will let you use their parking lots. They all belong to some other larger retail corporation and claim they don't own their parking lots. I called one in Buena Park; no joy. Visited the one in Anaheim; no joy. Finally got in touch with WalMart in Orange, CA ( Village on the Orange; or something like that/North Tustin Ave ). That WalMart also said NO. However, they referred me to the mall security office and I was able to work a drug deal with them to spend about 9 hours there overnight. They asked us to park behind SEARS and be gone by 9:00 am. No issues! I recommend it. There is a SEARS auto-repair shop that opens 2 hours before the mall. Bought some oil there.

That's my report. Hope it helps someone.

Full-timing by necessity. . . not choice.
Kernel is offline   Reply With Quote