Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2014, 05:20 PM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
South Oregon Coast Ideas

Later this month we are heading to AM Solar to have an install done and then will have 3 days to work our way back to Sacramento. We are thinking of spending the time on the Oregon coast and would like ideas for routes/campgrounds/food and any other input.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2014, 05:23 PM   #2

Winchester bay rv. Brookings harbor or any if the state parks if you can get in
Old 06-09-2014, 09:21 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
In my opinion Harris Beach State Park a few miles north of Brookings is pretty good.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:24 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Winchester Bay RV Park is one of our favorites. They is a little white restaurant on the water that serves great seafood. Looks like an old houseboat.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:40 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the input everyone, it sounds like we have to give Winchester a try for sure. I like Harris Beach too, that will make a nice place to stop for a night before the trek home. Going to check availability.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:06 PM   #6

be sure to get reservations if you try any of the state parks. they go fast
beaverfever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:56 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yep, I was searching today and it looks like all the state parks are booked up.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:18 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
South Oregon Coast Ideas

If Winchester Bay RV park is booked you can dry camp right next door (in the marina, on the water) for $14/night. It's one of our fav dry camping areas on the coast simply because of the great view. Since you're getting solar installed you can use this to test it out too. No reservations taken except for select sites so there is always space.

Here's our review of the marina:
http://www.wheelingit.us/2013/07/05/...bay-marina-or/
Old 06-10-2014, 06:00 PM   #9

Just a few miles South of Yahats, OR is an RV park between the highway and beach/ocean. I can't remember the name though. They have MH sites with a great view of the ocean and sunset. Yahats is a thriving small community, and the RV park makes a great base to see the sights.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:42 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Would it happen to be this place? Sea Perch RV Resort and Oceanfront Villas

I think Yachats is going to take us more north than we want to go but it looks like a nice area for a future trip.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:26 AM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelingIt View Post
If Winchester Bay RV park is booked you can dry camp right next door (in the marina, on the water) for $14/night. It's one of our fav dry camping areas on the coast simply because of the great view. Since you're getting solar installed you can use this to test it out too. No reservations taken except for select sites so there is always space.

Here's our review of the marina:
Harbor Campground Review – Winchester Bay Marina, OR | Wheeling It
Thank you for the link, great consideration to try the new solar if they are booked. I am really enjoying reading and sharing your blog with my wife
Old 06-11-2014, 05:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by focker View Post
Would it happen to be this place? Sea Perch RV Resort and Oceanfront Villas

I think Yachats is going to take us more north than we want to go but it looks like a nice area for a future trip.
Yes, that is the place. That area is beautiful!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:43 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by focker View Post
Thank you for the link, great consideration to try the new solar if they are booked. I am really enjoying reading and sharing your blog with my wife

Cool. Glad you enjoy it. And good luck with the install. AM Solar are great people. We got our solar system from them over 3 years ago and we still love it. We rely entirely on solar most of the winter months. It's so much fun the first time you see those generation numbers...
Old 06-21-2014, 01:17 PM   #14

Bandon Oregon and area, stop at the Wild Animal Park just south of town right on Highway 101. Bandon Cheese Factory is a great little stop and now that Bandon is a world class golf destination, just a drive in/out of the courses is a sight to behold. If you like golf, you may never experience anything like it anywhere with 5 world class courses next to each other and some holes that play seemingly right into the ocean. A stop in Gold Beach for a quick jet boat tour up the Rogue River might be a nice diversion as well. A half day rental of quads in Reedsport or Winchester Bay to take a first hand tour of the Oregon Dunes National Park and ride along the beach. Oh how I miss home
bradleyr001 is offline   Reply With Quote