Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2018, 08:29 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I posted that place because I think the quality time of your stay at a So. Ca. beach location would diminish alot with crowds, trash and noise...I know it would with us. The picture is the waterfront sites on the Sacramento River...always relaxing, and you can watch the ships and boats.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2018, 02:20 PM   #30

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I saw the same directory but when I went to specific websites for the campgrounds, the length restrictions were different (allowing for larger rigs).
AlnDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:27 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe11 View Post
Campland during the summer is not for the faint of heart. A premium site is +/- $400 per night. The term OVERCROWDED doesn’t quite do it justice in summer.

So we camped in the premium spot, wife likes the water...but we learned there, the first spot in every row is a premium spot, the second one in is half the cost. Really nice if there’s not a camper in the first spot
Old 08-05-2018, 03:06 PM   #32

if you are retired or active military, Camp pendleton might have some spots. Ventura County parks also has roadside (dry camping) campgrounds along the coast that are first come first serve....you might get lucky during the week. Their website indicates the number of sites available but not sure if at all accurate. they do have phone numbers and real people answer and are usually quite helpful. Otherwise, you should have been on line with Reserve California six months ago trying to get a spot at South carlsbad or san elijo on Gov Jerry Moonbeam's joke of a reservation "system"
Jim aka relgel
jdrelgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:15 PM   #33

Send a message via MSN to e4services
I alway wondered about Rincon Parkway Campground

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrysait View Post
Or go to Rincon Beach, Ventura 3-4 days early and wait for someone to leave. No reservations here, $35/night, no hookups but right on beach!
I alway wondered that, driven by there on 101. Where do you wait? It is just a long stretch of CA-1 with parking spots. Is there like a "Host" or something? Or do you just drive up and down for days?
e4services is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:24 PM   #34

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicjt87 View Post
Looking to find a RV Park with ocean view and preferred access over Labor Day weekend. I have a 39 ft toy hauler so some state parks seemingly have restrictions or are full....any recommendations?
More central... Half Moon Bay. $85/night but million dollar view
ThorVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:41 PM   #35

Check out Emma woods, CA. Oxnard area. I went to Ensenada Baja Mexico for the first time and stayed at Villarino rv camp. Was amazing. Had practically the place to myself, Has full hookups (optional if you want to pay for them, couple of bucks more) Showers, Bath, Only other people there were a church group that was there building a church nearby. Food in town was great. The camp site is owned by Canadians, has security and a music curfew at 10pm. I will be going back many more times in the future.
US RV As-is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 04:12 PM   #36

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks for the detailed post! I was looking somewhere more toward Ventura County....I appreciate it though.
Ventura County is not very RV friendly and you a state Beach, Point Mugu with very few spots, and above Ventura on the Rincon that is space available but people stay all week so theyhave weekend spot.

There is also Faria beach and forget the second county beach, only a dozen or so spots at each and most are under 26'.

In Malibu you have big bucks Campground on the bluff. Ocean view sites on nonholiday weekends are $140-175 a night.
Tahiti16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 04:24 PM   #37

I believe someone may have mentioned this, but Malibu Beach RV Park is one we would go to a few years back. Google them and give them a call. It's not right on the beach, but on the inland side of PCH with most of the sites having an unobstructed view of the Pacific (terraced hillside). We would enjoy making coffee in the morning an sitting out to watch the dolphins play in the surf.

All this being said, being so close to Labor Day, you may hard pressed to find a site. But you could at least ask how far out you can make reservations for next year. Take that beautiful drive down PCH from Ventura and check them out some day.

Good luck,
Kent
PapaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 04:26 PM   #38

Pismo State Beach. No camp sites, your on the beach in the sand. It will be crowded but no reservations needed. Nice dunes.
Geoman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 05:03 PM   #39

Quote:
That’s what I thought too....felt dumb even posting the question.
No such thing as a dumb question, just ludicrously optimistic!
RichPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 05:05 PM   #40

The rincon get there early and linger until you find a spot or if you wait tell after the kids go back to school the Emma woods campground is real nice right on the beach
Don’t get to depressed the rincon parkway is a long stretch if you don’t mind a ticket park anywhere or get there early in the morning stay all day and night and move your rig early in the morning when mr ranger comes buy and find another spot after he leaves
Good luck
Oldeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 05:53 PM   #41

Quote:
Looking to find a RV Park with ocean view and preferred access over Labor Day weekend. I have a 39 ft toy hauler so some state parks seemingly have restrictions or are full....any recommendations?
In California, probably too late for reservations at any but pricy private Parks. But, there are beautiful waterfront parks in Pismo Beach as well as the Pismo Dunes State Beach and two parks which take fairly big rigs.

Also, I think, if you can get in, Emma Wood SB says 30 ft, but many of the individual sites are deep enough that the group I will be with is putting three or four 30+ footers, 2-37+ foot MHs in there and one 45 ft tiffin with a tag axle so if you pick the sites carefully it is doable. Also at this later time, if you get lucky, some or all of Rincon Parkway is first come first serve.

Huntington Beach and Newport also have RV park options but they are far out of my budget
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 06:46 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by relgel View Post
if you are retired or active military, Camp pendleton might have some spots.
Yes, Camp Pendleton has two RV beach camps. As quoted, you must be active or retired military, but also Department of Defense (DOD) employee (active or retired). You must have a CAC ID card for access to the base. We camp there all the time and have no problems getting sites, however over the holiday it may be a problem. It is a tiered system, with active at the top and DOD at the bottom. If you are, I can send you the reservation #.
DCGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping