Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Sparks Marina RV Nevada

Has anyone stayed at Sparks Marina RV in Reno Nevada recently. What are your reviews? Good or Bad ?

Thanks, Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2013, 06:30 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We stayed there about two years ago and there was A LOT of construction going on surrounding the park. Will be swinging by there in another month or so and will probably stay there again as it is such a nice park and a good location. Of course we were just passing through and it wasn't a destination.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
We stay there every year in September to see two grandkids in UNR.
Very nice park, convenient to most everything in Reno & Sparks area.
Neumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #4

We used to live in Sparks and were there when it was built. It's kind of sterile, the few trees aren't big yet but it's much better than a lot of other parks in the area. I think their rates are too high but they have a nice park. Other rv parks are under the flight path of the airport or tightly jammed together. It is close to the freeway but not right on it
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Thank you all for the input as to Sparks Marina RV Park. I have been staying at the Grand Sierra RV park on occasion when traveling thru Reno, but the darned airport is so close that it's hard to get any rest without a jet taking off every 2 minutes. It will be nice to try something different for a night or two on my way up to Lake Almanor.

Thanks Again,
Sammie
Old 05-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
We are here right now for two nights. We've stayed here many times before as our niece lives in Reno. This park is very nice, the staff goes around in a golf cart and sweeps up debris and leaves, etc. All sites are astroturf but they have 3 pet areas and if you've a pet they will try and put you near one. Most sites are pull thrus and shorter ones are back-ins. They did have a back-in that fit us so we saved a few bucks. There is a car wash on Prater Ave which is about 200' from the rear wall of the park. It is a long park, so farther up front, there is NO noise. It can get a little noisy during the day if people use the automatic wash with the power dry, but it dies off toward evening. Other than that, the park is very quiet. The pool is under a resurface right now but I think it will be open soon. The spa is working, tho. We are coming back in mid-july for a weeks stay. Always call ahead as Reno/Sparks has several seasonal functions where this place can fill up.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
We lived there for three months last fall while working at Amazon in Fernley. I thought the RV Park was one of the nicest in the area and very close to shopping, the lake, walking path and the dog park on the lake. The restrooms and showers are the very cleanest I have ever seen in ANY RV Park from Alaska to Florida. The laundry facility is one of the first that we have actually used in any RV Park we have stayed at over the years. Most of the time we find a laundromat in the area because the RV Park machines are usually way to small for us and not too clean. Theirs is exceptional.

They have a nice clubhouse, pool and hot tub.

I would recommend it to anyone.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Richard and Barry, Thanks for your great reviews and information. Now I'm almost excited about staying there. The DW and I usually pass through Reno during May of each year on our way to Lake Almanor in Chester, CA. This is usually our spring getaway and after a little fight with the Big C this past year, I am really looking forward to a nice relaxing trip. Below is a picture of our favorite campspot at Lake Almanor. Hoping to explore newer and better places soon.

Sammie