Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2011, 08:54 PM   #1

Sparta South Carolina

We will be working in this area next spring and summer. Any pros and cons for this area and please tell me it doesn't get as hot as Texas in the summer. Thanks for any info.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2011, 07:01 AM   #2

Hi Mundyecoco1,

I live in SC. Do you mean Spartanburg? I have never heard of Sparta (doesn't mean much though) and can not find it on Google maps. With that said, SC summers can be a little long and very humid. If Spartanburg is the town you are heading to, then at least you are in a higher elevation than us.
Each year is different but the last two summers recorded in Columbia SC have been 2 of the 3 hottest on record. Summer typically goes from Mid May to the end of Sept.
Hope you enjoy your time here.

PS, I lived in Longview TX for 4 years- not a whole lot of difference.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #3

My mistake, course I meant Spartanburg. Really looking forward to it!
Old 12-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #4

The Spartanburg / Greenville areas of SC are much cooler than the rest of the state. It do get hot there just not as bad. There are also a large number of state parks with lkaes in the area. You should enjoy it.
2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:56 PM   #5

I live in the area and as stated before the summers can be long and sometimes hot (2-3) of 100* days with what seems like 100000% humidity. If you don't mind me asking what/where are you going to be working?
Old 12-06-2011, 12:15 PM   #6

Thumbs up Spartanburg S.C.

We will be working at KOA. We are presently working at KOA Columbus Texas and are excited about getting to your part of the country. We are planning six month work units in this area for about the next 2 years and then hit the east coast; N.Hamp., Vermont etc.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #7

We have stayed at that KOA, Nice cg. I understand they are "bringing it back" from what it used to be.
Oh , I see the yellow shirt now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SouthernNite is offline   Reply With Quote