Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2012, 01:24 AM   #15

We, too, always stay at Edmund Babler State Park. It's easy to get to downtown St. Louis but only try it between 9-3 or early Sunday morning!! I'm not sure of the campsite #'s but if you make reservations and can see a campground map, the sites in the righthand loop are the ones for big rigs. They are large, paved with manicured lawns and nicely spaced. Definitely don't try the lefthand loop with a big rig. It's a huge park for hiking or biking - absolutely beautiful.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #16

Babler has a gate at night also.Only thing is they are not full service. No sewers but have a dump station. Can only stay a max of 14 days. I motorcycle ride thru the park all the time. Has a public pool in the park, not at the RV sites. Great place to stay. Take a lot of bug killer. It's in the woods.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Another vote for Babler State Park here. If you don't mind being a little out of town it's simply the best. Lots and lots of green and space. Hiking trails too. If you need pics of the park I've got them in my blog (just do a search for the park name). We camped there in our 40 footer plus toad.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
IIRC they will give you a code for the gate. We were in site 45.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:23 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR John
We are at present set up at the Red Bar Rendezvous right on I55 20 miles north of the Arch.

Red Barn Rendezvous |MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS NOW|

We've been here for over 2 months (working), it normally takes us about 20-25 mins to get to the Arch. Add 5 mins to get to the zoo, Busch Stadium, botanical gardens, etc...

The place is clean and well kept, little noisy up front where we're at, because it is right along I55. The back, where the nightly/weekly sites are quieter. Sites are close but we've stayed at worse.

Can't comment on the bathroom/laundry because we use the coach for all that.

Very easy commute, in fact we're going back to the zoo on Sunday. Edwardsville is 3 miles away for food and shopping.
Good info
Erlingiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:34 AM   #20

Here's another option Southwest of St. Louis in Eureka, MO: Jellystone - Jellystone Resort Six Flags | St. Louis Hotels & Eureka MO Campgrounds.

We stayed there while visiting family in St. Louis early this summer. Was a little pricey, but we liked it. I had read really mixed reviews about sites having very little space. I called ahead and we got a pull through site with plenty of space on either side. No space concerns in our 34' motorhome.

The Eureka KOA is right across I44 from the Jellystone campground. We've not stayed there but drove right past it.

Enjoy your trip to St. Louis!
bcmccon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #21
A T

We just stayed at the KOA in Eureka, very typical KOA, but a little close to the train. Very close to Six Flags, if you are interested. Another good stop in St. Louis is the City Museum. I am by no means a big museum fan, but this place was awesome, tons of fun!