Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2007, 08:09 PM   #1

Called this campground 10 days ago and made a reservation for tonight for a pull through site. We were quoted a price of $35.00 plus tax and given the site number.

When we arrived there this afternoon, the attendant could not find the reservation at first, then said the site was given to another camper.

We accepted a back in site instead. When we were paying, we were told that it would be $46.00 plus tax, and we could not get any explanation why it was higher than a premium pull through site.

We went to set up and found that the site we were given was only about 30', rather hard to put a 35' motor home on that site. I could have fit, but only by having the rear of my MH extending onto another site, and I'm sure the 5th wheel beside it would have been happy when I completely blocked his satellite dish. As I was looking the situation over, the lady on the site just behind it came up and in the course of our brief conversation I found that they had received a site far different than reserved.

As we were getting the office to credit our card with a refund, there was another couple that came in that had reserved a specific site several weeks ago, but could not get it since the reservation was "lost" the same as ours. From several conversations with other campers in our short stay today, it seems that this is their practice.

This is the third time I have tried this campground out (since it is very convenient to our route) but they have now had their third strike with me.

I plan on letting Woodalls know how they conduct business as well - I have little doubt that they care, but I am going to vent anyway.

Murfreesboro TN
The Clock Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2007, 08:09 PM   #2

Called this campground 10 days ago and made a reservation for tonight for a pull through site. We were quoted a price of $35.00 plus tax and given the site number.

When we arrived there this afternoon, the attendant could not find the reservation at first, then said the site was given to another camper.

We accepted a back in site instead. When we were paying, we were told that it would be $46.00 plus tax, and we could not get any explanation why it was higher than a premium pull through site.

We went to set up and found that the site we were given was only about 30', rather hard to put a 35' motor home on that site. I could have fit, but only by having the rear of my MH extending onto another site, and I'm sure the 5th wheel beside it would have been happy when I completely blocked his satellite dish. As I was looking the situation over, the lady on the site just behind it came up and in the course of our brief conversation I found that they had received a site far different than reserved.

As we were getting the office to credit our card with a refund, there was another couple that came in that had reserved a specific site several weeks ago, but could not get it since the reservation was "lost" the same as ours. From several conversations with other campers in our short stay today, it seems that this is their practice.

This is the third time I have tried this campground out (since it is very convenient to our route) but they have now had their third strike with me.

I plan on letting Woodalls know how they conduct business as well - I have little doubt that they care, but I am going to vent anyway.

Murfreesboro TN
Old 07-07-2007, 03:53 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
What a bummer, and $46 a night?

Would you care to put a review in our Campground Reviews section? There's reviews already in RV Park Reviews that folks may be interested in.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:08 PM   #4

Yep, they quoted us 35/night when we made the reservation, but charged 46.

Fortunately, they did credit the charge back to my card or they would have had another argument.

If I can ever remember what my password is, I'll post a review so that others can avoid this less than desirable park.

Chris

Murfreesboro TN
Old 07-08-2007, 05:04 AM   #5
paz

Whenever we are in that area of Ohio, we usually stay at Caesar Creek State Park. It is a few miles farther up I-71. Caesar Creek accepts Passport America for half price accommodations during the week. The drawback is they only accept reservations for a minimum of 2 nights on summer weekends so if you need a 1 night stopover on a weekend, you will have to chance getting one of their non-reservable sites.

If you don't want to take a chance on getting a non-reservable site, if you want full hook-ups, or if you really want to stay in Lebanon, we have had a couple of good experiences at Cedarbrook Campground. On one occasion, we only wanted a 1 night stopover and we knew we would be arriving late so we didn't want to chance getting a non-reservable site at Caesar Creek. Cedarbrook was very accommodating giving us a pull-through so we wouldn't have to unhook our toad for the 1 night stop. Cedarbrook's web site lists their summer rates at $32 for full hook-ups, $28 for water and electric only.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #6

We had tried to stay at Cedarbrook, but by the time we tried to make our reservations they were booked due to a music festival in the area.

We'll certainly try them the next time we are through the area.

Thanks

Chris

Murfreesboro TN
Old 08-01-2007, 01:08 PM   #7

Thanks for the heads up on this CG we are looking in that area and willcross it off.