Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:11 PM   #1
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Staying near Seattle, June 2015

We will be in Seattle, WA (Alki Beach area) for a family event. This is our first trip there by RV and want to stay close to avoid hours on the road communting.

Looks like the Seattle/Tacoma KOA in Kent is the closest commercial CG and sounds like a typical suburban KOA. RVParkReviews has only 1 recent report for that CG, but confirms expectations.

Will be just us (no kids) in a 37' Class A with toad (easily unhooked outside the CG) and dogs...self contained but would prefer at least shore power.

Any ideas, comments?
Thanks in advance

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), '07 Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2015, 12:36 PM   #2
There is a City owned CG at the fairgrounds in the City of Enumclaw, which I think is about 30 minutes south of Seattle. We stayed there last July and it was great, a nice quite, clean CG with a CG Host. It has 50amp/water but no sewer(they said they hoped to have sewer by this year). They are huge sites with a cement a slab to park on and only $26 a night. There is a dump station in town about a mile away and they charge $5 to dump.

This is next to the fairgrounds which only has a few events a year, so the place is usually empty, and does not affect the CG. We stayed there over the 4th of July weekend and there were only 6 MH's in the park, which has about 50 sites. There is also grass at each site as well as a huge grass area to let your dogs run. Depending on how far that is from who you are visiting I would say the drive is well worth staying here and out of the actual City of Seattle and all the congestion.

Mike & Charlotte
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3610
Orange County, California
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 02:12 PM   #3
Check out Saltwater SP. I have not been there in many years but according to Allstays, they can handle a rig of your size. The description says water but is not specific on electric.

I think that would be as close as anything else you will find.
coupevilleDF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:50 PM   #4
Your best option is Lake Pleasant in Bothell. They may be full, but if you can this would be a first choice. There are a couple on Hiway 99 in Everett. They are really south Everett, so not too far north. They are tight, but are okay parks. Saltwater State Park may be a good option for convenience. Hookups are minimal but I think you can get a 37' moho in there without a problem. On the State Parks website they have specifics on size of each site and I think a picture also.

Kent KOA is a pit, but if it is your only choice, then it will work.

Joe in Seattle; winter: Motorcoach CC, Indio, CA
2015 Essex 4503
2010 Honda CRV toad
RUFINIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:52 AM   #5
As Ruffinit said, lake pleasant is a good choice. We have also stayed in two RV parks in south Everett and they were ok.

Depending on when the event at Alki is going to be held you need to be cautious of traffic as Seattle is having some construction projects and regular commute times may be nasty. Some of the construction is jammed into weekends so I suggest you keep your ear to the ground. Your family in the area should have specifics on traffic.

Saltwater SP may be a good option for acessibility but we have never stayed there.

If you are an Elk the Burien Elms Lodge has RV parking. Burien is reasonably close to West Seattle but I have not been at the lodge so I don't know how suitable it is.

Check out other locations on RV Park Reviews and then talk with your relatives about routes to and from the event at Alki.

I grew up in Seattle but in spite of its natural beauty and other feature I generally avoid it because of the traffic and congestion. Periodically we have to drive from Anacortes thru Everett, Seattle, Tacoma and Olympia with MH and we sometimes have gotten a late start and we have been hammered by the traffic.
Beth, Lee and Buster (AKA Busticator, 14# King of All Pomeranians - Protector of His People)
2007 40' HR Ambassador & 2005 CR-V
ballard770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:02 PM   #6
I looked up Saltwater SP and they don't have hookups. My recommendation is Lake Pleasant in Bothell or two of the parks on hwy 99 in south Everett (Lakeside or Maple Grove). We have stayed in all 3 recommended parks.

I would also consider Tall Chief in Fall City. We have not stayed there but we did a drive thru a few years ago and it looked good. There is security at the gate. Sites are large and it may be an option if you have to leave your dog in th RV while you attend the function. They are Thousand Trials and I think you can us RPI if you belong.
Beth, Lee and Buster (AKA Busticator, 14# King of All Pomeranians - Protector of His People)
2007 40' HR Ambassador & 2005 CR-V
ballard770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:38 AM   #7
We'll be in the Seattle area in late August. DW called Lake Pleasant and reserved the last spot for our time frame. Thanks to everyone for the recommendations.
2015 F350 XLT PSD CCSB SRW, Andersen Ultimate hitch
'12 Cougar High Country 299RKS, Mor/Ryde Pinbox
1/77 Armor Bn, 5th Mech, I Corps
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:15 PM   #8
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Our go to park Lake Pleasant, always busy, because I believe it's your best choice. We tried KOA on a warm day, had low power, left.

Fred and Bonnie
2005 Dolphin LX 6375
Abby, Ruffles & Scarlett, "The Cats"
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:11 PM   #9
Winnebago Owners Club
Maple Grove RV Resort in Everett was what we used. It was close to Boeing- The area was commercial but the Park was very nice.
Deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:40 PM   #10
2 x Lake Plesant

Peter Collins
Peter & Kathy CollinsWoodland, Washington
2014 Anthem 42DEQ
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:27 AM   #11
Vasa RV Resort in Bellevue (easy bus ride to Ssattle), or the Seattle KOA are my picks. Been to both!

99 Fleetwood Southwind 32V (Class-A)

Prior: 97 Ford Dutchman (31 Ft, Class-C)
BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote