Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2015, 03:59 AM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
Prettiest coleslaw I have ever seen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
I had a partner years ago who went every year, he talked about mostly nude women wrestling in coleslaw sounds like a blast.
Russ - USN SWO (ret) - 2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan Chassis a Road Glide CVO & Dyna Switchback in an Iron horse trailer or a Jeep Unlimited Alliance Valor 40V13 toyhauler (on order) with Harley CVO ROad Glide and Dyna Switchback in the garage, pulled by a F350 DRW
Russtj60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2015, 05:53 PM   #44

Lake Park Campground in Rapid City

Does anyone have any info on Lake Park Campground in Rapid City? awe are looking at going to Strurgis in 2016.
vfauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 07:56 PM   #45

We have stayed at Sturgis RV Park a few years ago. It was a very nice park. The location can't be beat with the ability to walk into town, "drunk bus" stop close by. The facilities were extremely well cared for and clean. It was also surprisingly quiet in the evenings. Pricy, but everything is during Rally. We also like Rafter J Bar as a location that is in a great location for riding and sight seeing. We are actually bringing a group there in June to experience the Black Hills before the tee shirt vendors take over.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:00 PM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
Just curious if you have made your reservations yet? I am amazed at the lack of space at the CGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpspuck View Post
We have stayed at Sturgis RV Park a few years ago. It was a very nice park. The location can't be beat with the ability to walk into town, "drunk bus" stop close by. The facilities were extremely well cared for and clean. It was also surprisingly quiet in the evenings. Pricy, but everything is during Rally. We also like Rafter J Bar as a location that is in a great location for riding and sight seeing. We are actually bringing a group there in June to experience the Black Hills before the tee shirt vendors take over.
Russ - USN SWO (ret) - 2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan Chassis a Road Glide CVO & Dyna Switchback in an Iron horse trailer or a Jeep Unlimited Alliance Valor 40V13 toyhauler (on order) with Harley CVO ROad Glide and Dyna Switchback in the garage, pulled by a F350 DRW
Old 01-19-2015, 10:09 AM   #47

Evergreen Owners Club
Russtj60,
I made my reservations at Sturgis right after this year's rally. I was surprised to get a site. Thought they would be taken by returnees. Just finished making reservations for rest of trip from NJ. Doing about 500 miles a day. Staying in Hill City at Crooked Creek Resort the night before we go into Sturgis. Glad to finally see a review of Sturgis RV Park. Can't wait for this trip to happen!
j52wf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:34 AM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
I can't wait for it to start either. It's eight months away with allot of riding in between, but still wish it was August. We really like Hill City - you will have a blast.

When we were towing a trailer we made it in a little over two days -1800 miles from Va Beach. I plan to take our time this year with the MH.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j52wf View Post
Russtj60,
I made my reservations at Sturgis right after this year's rally. I was surprised to get a site. Thought they would be taken by returnees. Just finished making reservations for rest of trip from NJ. Doing about 500 miles a day. Staying in Hill City at Crooked Creek Resort the night before we go into Sturgis. Glad to finally see a review of Sturgis RV Park. Can't wait for this trip to happen!
Old 01-19-2015, 01:28 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russtj60 View Post
I can't wait for it to start either. It's eight months away with allot of riding in between, but still wish it was August. We really like Hill City - you will have a blast.

When we were towing a trailer we made it in a little over two days -1800 miles from Va Beach. I plan to take our time this year with the MH.

Good luck!

Ha....we only have 700 miles to Sturgis and it took us 2 days. (Well....really only 1-1/2 days)

Jaye(Mn)
Mnflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:43 PM   #50

We're leaving Friday night (7/31) after we get off work... Typically, we work all week long to get everything organized, so we should be able to pull out by 7:00pm... We usually drive between 3-4 hours and pull off for the night.. but I think I'll be so jacked-up for this trip, I may drive thru the night to get there...

Russtj60 - I hope you're planning on swinging into Milwaukee for a Thursday bike night at the HD Museum..
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:07 PM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
Ever since you put the "bug in my ear" we have included a stop in the plan. So are you riding down for it ? Great idea!
Old 01-19-2015, 06:14 PM   #52

Evergreen Owners Club
Only going for last 5 nights. Russtj60: See you're from Va Beach. We are in Cherrystone every Memorial Day weekend. Going for almost 30 years.
j52wf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:41 PM   #53

Quote:
Ever since you put the "bug in my ear" we have included a stop in the plan. So are you riding down for it ? Great idea!
We will be there...

When we were in Forest City getting some work done on the rig, we met another couple and had HD in common.. Well, one thing has led to another and they will be part of our group headed to Sturgis... They're from Cincinnati and I suggested they come up for bike night and to caravan with us to Sturgis... I'm hoping they take me up on the offer...

Just in case you are interested, you may want to give WI State Fair RV Park a call, it'd be a great place to stay, they have full hook-ups and you'd be about 5 miles from downtown...

I'm hoping this thread stays alive all the way to the big show.. We'll talk as it gets closer to the date
Old 01-20-2015, 07:18 AM   #54

Quote:
Just curious if you have made your reservations yet? I am amazed at the lack of space at the CGs

We are skipping the rally this year. It will be to crowded to do what we enjoy most... Riding and seeing the beauty of the Black Hills. We will be in the area during late June for the Crazy Horse night blast. We are hosting a group of friends from around the country that have never been to the Area.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:16 AM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
Enjoy, that is why we are arriving a week early - for the riding. You are right, the crowds will be suffocating. I will have to check on the Crazy Horse event. I am not familiar with it.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:57 PM   #56

For those, like me, chomping at the bit... Love the countdown

75th Annual 2015 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally | Black Hills Motor Classic | City Of Riders | Events | Concerts | News | Guide | Lodging | Webcams