Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2015, 09:44 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Suggestions for camping in Seattle, WA and Portland, OR

My husband and I are on a cross country adventure in our 38' Allegro Bus MH and are headed to Seattle and Portland in the next week or so. We started out in SC and are pulling a truck. Any suggests of good RV parks/camp grounds relatively close to each of these cities?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2015, 10:04 PM   #2

When we stay in Portland we usually stay at the Portland-Fairview in Troutdale. It is fairly close to Portland and also some of the attractions. Like Mt Hood and the Columbia River Valley.

B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:13 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
For the Seattle area you might try, Lake Pleasant RV Park, 24025 Bothell Everett Hwy, Bothell, WA, (425) 487-1785
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 01:37 PM   #4

these are large cities , is there an area in each you wish to visit? with the traffic you can spend more time sitting on a freeway than visiting local landmarks.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:06 PM   #5

We went through that area about a month ago on our way out of Alaska/Canada and just about every RV park we called was full. It was almost impossible to find a place to stay and the traffic was nuts. We just made a beeline across Oregon and headed home. And besides that, half the country was on fire.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:03 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlquilts View Post
My husband and I are on a cross country adventure in our 38' Allegro Bus MH and are headed to Seattle and Portland in the next week or so. We started out in SC and are pulling a truck. Any suggests of good RV parks/camp grounds relatively close to each of these cities?
We stayed in the "Blue Sky RV Park" in Preson, WA over July 4th this year. Nice clean park. Limited pull through sites. About 15-20 minutes from downtown Seattle, WA.
RVi 2 Auxiliary Braking System
iRent2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:17 PM   #7

Within the past two weeks we stayed at several nice parks. Some with more amenities than others. Up in Northern WA, we stayed at the Marina RV park in La Conner. fHU's and walkable to restaurants and shops in La Conner.

After this we stayed at the Gig Harbor RV park. FHU's, and centrally located.

We moved south to Oregon. Starting with Ft. Stevens. Water and 30amp. It has many neat hikes and views of thenOcean and former Army base. I liked this park very much.

Next we went to Nehalem State Park. We had water and 30amp. Also a great hiking, riding area.

The WA and OR coastline are filled with a State Parks. What surprised me is that at this late point in the season, the parks were booked. I really thought that usage would drop off when the kids went back to school.

The OP didn't say anything about California...but I will add this just in case the mood strikes to head further south.

We moved south again, into the CA redwoods. The Emerald something in Trinidad. It is a nice park with FHU's. We then drove through the Avenue of the Giants and found another nice park in Meyers Flat. Neat her of these would qualify as a resort...but we weren't looking for that level of amenities.

As I write this we are spending two days at Morro Beach State Park Campground. I couldn't get hookups here (didn't book ahead enough). We are dry camping. It is a nice park that is next to a golf course. WORKS FOR ME!!

On this, our maiden voyage (5k miles). I found it best to book at least 2 days in advance. I've read where many do not book at all. This would have been my preference. But...it didn't work for me...at least at this time of the year.

Travel safely....and enjoy.

2015 Newmar Ventana 3636, Cummins ISB
2014 JKU Wrangler, SMI AF1, Blue Ox Baseplate and Tow Bar
Old 09-27-2015, 10:55 PM   #8

Try Dash Point State Park in Federal Way. Dash Point State Park | Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission
Old 09-27-2015, 11:16 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We're currently staying at Portland-Fairview RV Park, NE of Portland. Nice park although in flight path of PDX and train track along North side of park. Fairly convenient to downtown Portland, Columbia River Gorge, stores & food. They do offer a Good Sam discount. Nice pull-through sites w/toad parking, cable & OK internet. Sites are not overly wide, but certainly OK.
There are only 3 RV parks in Portland, 2 in Vancouver, WA, and a couple South of Portland along I-5. In Vancouver, 99 RV Park is not as high-end as Portland-Fairview but worked for us last year for 3 weeks. The location of Jantzen Beach RV means you must get on I-5 every time you leave the park....not always the best because of traffic.
Enjoy your stay in Portland!
Frantz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:23 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I've had poor wifi and vent been able to communicate. I'll give some of these places a try.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:04 PM   #11

You can check these out for the places we stayed in the past month - north and south of Seattle and south of Portland.
Big Dude's Eclectic Ramblings: 2015 Western Trip – Day 27 – Onward to Anacortes

Big Dude's Eclectic Ramblings: 2015 Western Trip – Day 32 & 33 – Wrapping Up Anacortes then Onward To Kamilche, WA

Big Dude's Eclectic Ramblings: 2015 Western Trip – Day 39 – Let’s head to Oregon
Big Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 11:43 PM   #12

When visiting Portland we stay at Portland Fairview in Fairview, and Trailers Inn in Bellevue when visiting Seattle. Portland Fairview has a bus stop steps away from the entrance, and Trailers Inn has bus stops a five minute walk away.
2013 Leisure Travel Vans Unity U24MB, 635 watts solar, 440 AH batteries, 2000 watt inverter, Koni struts and shocks, Hellwig rear anti-swaybar, SumoSprings front and back, 2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox baseplates, Aladdin towbar and Patriot
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:52 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Parks Portland

Stewart Stubb state park is just outside of Portland heading towards the coast. Hwy 26 to Hwy 47. Very nice park and reasonable rates. A little off the beaten path but easy access to Portland and the coast as well.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by redone98 View Post
Stewart Stubb state park is just outside of Portland heading towards the coast. Hwy 26 to Hwy 47. Very nice park and reasonable rates. A little off the beaten path but easy access to Portland and the coast as well.
Don't forget great access to wine country too!

Tags
camping