Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Suwanee River camping

On our way down I-75 to Cortez FL, we thought we would stop for a few days at the Suwanee river area to see what they have to offer. We will have our Jeep and bikes with us and will do some light kayaking as well. Any recommendations as to campgrounds? I would like at least electricity and water hookups. The Suwanee Music park looks interesting, anyone have camping experience there? Looks like they will have some music events on October 26 and 27.

CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #2

We have stayed at the Spirit of the Suwanee CG many times. It is an out of the way CG that is a destination. The music events are well attended and good. There is lots to do on the river. But if you are going there during an event, you might want to make reservations.

jollyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:19 AM   #3

Both are local bands and it isn't an "event" weekend. Big Engine has a large following and plays bike event from Daytona to Sturgis. They appear to be hosting a haunted house that weekend too.
I too recommend Spirit of the Suwanee music park. Get with the Canoe Outpost on the premises, they may carry you and your kayaks upstream and you can paddle back to the park.
At dusk, go watch the bats come out of the bat house! Right when light fades away, the bats pour out to eat bugs. Largest bat house population around!
Lots of trails for horses, hiking, and golfcart use. We saw deer and turkeys on our last trip.
Disc (Frisbee) golf. Minarure golf. Bee hive near store. Old museum type house with outhouse behind it (you need to have someone open it, LMAO! Camera at the ready!)
Make reservations just to make sure you get hook ups. They have mostly 30 amp service and if you need 50 amp, tell them and I'm sure they can accommodate you.
Their web site is musicliveshere.com
NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:39 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
You'l likely REALLY enjoy the Stephen Foster Folk Park at White Springs located immediately N.E. of the I-75 and I-10 Jct. (Northern Florida) Beautiful park, on the Suwanee.

Steve & Lynette
Old 10-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for your comments, very much appreciated. We were hoping for bluegrass or country, not biker music, I can only imagine the crowd, so we opted to get reservations for Yellow Jacket.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #6

Big Engine does a lot of cover music like AC/DC Molly Hatchet, 38 Special, Foghat, and other rock bands. Plenty of room in park if you don't want to go to concert. My guess is they would be inside the music hall. Campers won't be affected by them at all. Good luck wherever you stay.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #7

Oh! I forgot. They have a pickin shed where locals play bluegrass together. You can call the park and see if they expect anyone playing then. They would be able then to tell you if Big Engine is playing inside the music hall. And if it would have any affect on other campers NOT wanting to see them.

Tags
camping