Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:51 AM   #1
Suwannee River SP, Florida

Has anyone stayed at this park?

I check Reserve America, but evidently their info on sizes of sites and/pull thrus is pretty inaccurate!

I called the ranger and he said site 20 is NOT a pull thru -reserve america says it is.

He says sie 21 & 28 are pull thrus, but I go to reserve america and they are NOT for fifth wheels or motorhomes, as they are only about 12 feet wide!

Ranger said we would be ok in sites 20-28...........none of this seems to match up! I'm confused - can anyone help?

AntiqFreq - Soperton, Georgia
07' Keystone 291RLS 5th wheel
03' Ford F250, 7.3L diesel
Jody & Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
Listen to the ranger. He is at the park. We stayed there 2 years ago and had a good time. Very quiet and nice. Not much to do but very restful.

Corvette Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
Jody and Jeff,

DO NOT CAMP HERE, REPEAT, DO NOT CAMP HERE. The is the worst maintained CG in the States CG system IMHO. The sites are not level, they have big holes and they do not cut the tree limbs when I was there last year. I did not stay because it was so bad. The spring is beautiful as it flows in the river along with the walkway. Just visit the park, do not stay here. Right across the river on the road from Old Town about 20 miles down is Yellow Jacket CG, a private CG. Nice here with a pool, fishing, shade and etc. Its a little pricey though. s/Toby
2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38PDQ
Click on SHIP to enlarge CGC Sagebrush
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:23 PM   #4
Jody and Jeff

I put my brain in gear before I engaged my senses. though you were referring to Manatee Springs SP rather than Suwanne River SP. Sorry about the mis-information. I have not been to this park in 30 or more years. So I could not give you a real review. However, I have been to the Stephen Foster Statre Park just north of Lake City on the river and off the first exit on i-75. The sites while they are dirt (hard packed), are level. This park is well worth the visit. While it has dirt sites and paved roads, everything is very neat. The limbs are cut grass is well trimmed, and the sites are level. No problem for big rigs. They have a meseum on SFSP as well as an overlook over the river. This park is a CG, but is really a museum park. You will love it here. Nice bike trails, activities provided by park staff. Cool under the shade. Do not forget to visit the rapids in the river ( a long walk this time of year) Very interesting. I would rate this park a 6 or 7. s/Toby
2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38PDQ
Click on SHIP to enlarge CGC Sagebrush
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:22 PM   #5
We stayed there last year after the renovations to the campground. I was the one to tell you to call the office as RA is wrong. Here is the scoop on sites:

We have a 35 ft MH but have previously owned a 35 ft 5th wheel so we always are looking to make sure we fit length and width wise into sites.

Here are sites that would fit a 35 ft or less RV:
Site #1
Sites #2,3 are paved and are supposed to be handicapped but can be booked if there are no others to fit your rig.
Site 6,9,10,14,15,20(it is not a PT)
site #21 is a PT
site #22
site #27 is paved
site #28 is a PT

all sites 21-30 are on a double wide road so if you have to have extra room to maneuver there is plenty there. Be sure to bring extra hoses, especially for the sewer as it is at the front of the site and is higher grade than normal.

Have a great time!
Steve, Nadine and Kelsea
2007 35J Itasca Sunova
we3peas is offline   Reply With Quote