Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:13 PM   #15
American Coach Owners Club
I your not satisfied with LD's rv park that you will be sorely disappointed by most other RV parks around the country.

1998 American Eagle
gacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2015, 07:29 PM   #16
Originally Posted by gacamp View Post
I your not satisfied with LD's rv park that you will be sorely disappointed by most other RV parks around the country.

An absolute fact!

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07

Steve Ownby
Full time since 2007
2003 Monaco Signature
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:46 PM   #17
Agree on the lazy days disappoint, It is pretty darn nice
2016 Entegra Cornerstone
Lault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:07 PM   #18
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I first stayed at the Lazy Days Tampa RV park for a Fleetwood rally. The park was very busy, I was not impressed.

The park is attractive enough, and I don't think freeway noise is much of an issue, the pool is very nice as is the on site café (Exit 10), but site access for a big rig is not ideal. The sites are narrow, short and most are perpendicular to the road and add in many ornamental trees to the mix. Because many can't fit their toad or tow vehicle on the site with the RV they end up parked in the street. This can leave barely enough space to drive down the center and none for maneuvering into a site.

There are a few areas in the park where access is not an issue. There is a row across from the office/pool, behind the check-in parking area, where access is easy because you have that large parking area in which to maneuver. That's where I'll typically see the big Prevost, Newells or other 45' rigs. There are a couple of cul-du-sacs in the park and sites in those are easy access. There are a handful of other sites in the park that are good too, but unless I KNOW where they're going to put me when I make reservations, I won't go. I've never been on or seen a site where a big rig and your toad or tow vehicle will both fit, most end up parking perpendicular to the RV in front of it.

I had a conversation with one of the managers at the time of our first visit and offered the opinion that given that they built that park from scratch, and that they've always sold the big rigs, there was no excuse for the poor design.
Jay & Peggy Monroe with Dolly
Can't take it with you - don't plan on leaving any behind
2016 Newmar London Aire 4553, Spartan chassis
Wrangler Unlimited toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:25 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Lazy Days is a fun place to stay.Last winter we got a free breakfast ticket and a free lunch for each day we stayed. We enjoy walking thru their display area and seeing all the different coaches.The luxury lot is especially fun. That is where we found our Beaver!
They also have a very nice camping store in the main building and the local area is full of neat things to do.
We want to stay there in Jan this winter for a short visit but we can't even get in because its full already!
We have never had a problem parking but we have seen damage done by others that may not know how to park.The spots can be tight but not too tight.They do have a driver confidence course available and they can teach you how to back your vehicle into the tightest spots.
There is realign highway noise and the small diner in the clubhouse serves draft beer! What more can you want!

Dan & Kris Murphy

2009 Beaver Contessa
2015 Ford Edge SEL
Dakrism is offline   Reply With Quote