Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2015, 10:43 AM   #1

Tampa FL - Lazy Days RV park

We have an invitation to join another couple at the Lazy Days RV park outside of Tampa Fl. I have checked out the RvParkReviews and it does not appear to be that great. The descriptions include, small short spaces, cars and truck parked in the drives, difficult to back into and road noise for the interstate. What have you folks found? Information would be appreciated since I don't really want to be there in any case. However, to keep the financial consultant (DW) happy I may still need to go. We have a 42' tag that we have parked in small spaces but not by choice.
Thanks
gbburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2015, 10:46 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Don't they film one of those high end RV shows there? I'd go. Who knows, you may end up on TV.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:08 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have stayed at lazy days park. It is not that close to the interstate that you would have road noise. It is a very large park, the pool is nice and they have a diner attached with a large rec room, Playground for smallish kids. Outside of that there really isn't any other amenities. some of the spaces are small but it is a big park and I am sure they have large rig slots as well. They do their driving course in the park so getting around in it with a large rig is not an issue that I saw. I enjoyed the park but there are nicer parks out there.
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Dean View Post
I have stayed at lazy days park. It is not that close to the interstate that you would have road noise. It is a very large park, the pool is nice and they have a diner attached with a large rec room, Playground for smallish kids. Outside of that there really isn't any other amenities. some of the spaces are small but it is a big park and I am sure they have large rig slots as well. They do their driving course in the park so getting around in it with a large rig is not an issue that I saw. I enjoyed the park but there are nicer parks out there.

I agree with Dennis here. The Lazy Days park is generally busy and somewhat crowded but no issue getting around or getting in a site. They have sites for 45s so you will fit.

Everybody should stay there & visit LD at least once.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:27 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Hi gbburgess,
I have stayed at LD for many years. The secret to getting a nice spot is to tell the reservationist you have a 45' coach. You will then be assigned the largest site they have. That is length wise. All the sites are narrow. Overall it is a nice place. I'm going to be there again for a few days in January.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 07:19 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
We stayed at LD earlier this year. Its a very nice rv park. The roads are paved and it can be a little tight getting into your spot but we managed just fine. Sites are basically in the open with little shade but some small tree decorating the sites. Its exceptionally clean and well maintained, wi fi was good. there is a diner and a bar on site, a large screen enclosed pool. You can walk over to the dealer side and walk through any Rv or Motor home on there sales lot. we never noticed any noise from the intersate and the park was pretty quite at all times. We would stay here again.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:44 AM   #7

We go there yearly for rallys, not bad at all and better than many in the country we have been to. Fun looking at all the RV's when you are not busy, and close to pleanty to do in the area,
Old 10-04-2015, 05:13 AM   #8

This is one of our favorite resorts. Nice warm pool and hot tub paved roads free coffee free food free newspaper daily free seminars.............woohoo!
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:43 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Go. You will be pleasantly surprised.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 12:42 PM   #10

I don't know what those reviews you read on rvparkreviews wanted. We've stayed there a few times and it is nice.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 12:57 PM   #11

Glad to here the good reports as we made reservations there only because it's close to DD's new house
'17' F350 6.7 CC King Ranch DRW 4x4 4:10s B&W 20 K Companion Hitch
'04' NuWa 33.5 RLTG DA Demco GlideRide pin box
Stickdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:24 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbburgess View Post
We have an invitation to join another couple at the Lazy Days RV park outside of Tampa Fl. I have checked out the RvParkReviews and it does not appear to be that great. The descriptions include, small short spaces, cars and truck parked in the drives, difficult to back into and road noise for the interstate. What have you folks found? Information would be appreciated since I don't really want to be there in any case. However, to keep the financial consultant (DW) happy I may still need to go. We have a 42' tag that we have parked in small spaces but not by choice.
Thanks
We stayed there last year and were not overly impressed. We didn't hear the road noise, but the rest pretty much sums it up. I would not go back unless it was the only option.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:52 PM   #13

We stayed there for a FROG rally in the spring of the year. It is clean and kept up, good streets, great screened in pool (they had to close the pool for a while one morning as local vandals came in during the night and threw chairs into the pool), Cracker Barrel next to the sales area and a couple fuel stops at the exit on I-4. Like many commercial RV parks the sites are pretty close together. Had to park on the street with the TV and the same would go for a toad, some times it may be a little difficult to back into a site because of the parked vehicles. There was a small tree that kept me from extending the awning out all the way. A cafeteria in the Lazy Days sales office area with inexpensive specials every day. A free newspaper if you are interested in local news. I didn't notice any road noise, the sales area is closest to the interstate and the RV park is a decent distance from the interstate to the north. Shuttle bus's to take you to the sales area if you are shopping.
And yes they film the Lazy Days infomercial there (and the Tucson location) that you see on Sundays on the Travel channel.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:46 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
It's not bad at all. You will enjoy it.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote