Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Question Tampa Recommendation

Heading to Tampa in 2 weeks...any recommendations??
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Big town, so if you know what you want to be near, that would help. I like Bay Bayou for general close-in pleasanat quiet camping. Rock Crusher about an hour north in Crystal river is interesting and nice. Fort Desoto, a county park at the bottom of Pinellas County has gorgeous beach camping. Hillsborough State Park is nice in that state park sort of way.

Tons of smaller parks around, too.
Rich_in_Tampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:14 PM   #3

Also a few county parks with camping-- Lithia Springs( river fornt) ,EG Simmons(bay front) , Meddard (lake front) - Usually $10-$12/night
Old 05-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa View Post
Big town, so if you know what you want to be near, that would help. I like Bay Bayou for general close-in pleasanat quiet camping. Rock Crusher about an hour north in Crystal river is interesting and nice. Fort Desoto, a county park at the bottom of Pinellas County has gorgeous beach camping. Hillsborough State Park is nice in that state park sort of way.

Tons of smaller parks around, too.
I second Bay Bayou, nice Place!
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Lazy Days Rally Park

A five star Park called Lazydays. On the may for Tampa, Florida. From the I-75 interchange, take I-4 east one mile to County Road 579 (exit 10). Turn north (left) on 579 and proceed approximately one quarter mile to Sligh Avenue and turn west (left).
Once at the park you check in about $20.00 or $25.00 per night. News paper in the morning. Nice concreate parking pad with everything at your lot. Pool, classrooms, Camping World, Cracker barrel Resturaunt. Website below. Lazy Days RV, is also the largest location in Florida for saling RV's. The Park is behind the RV sales area and very nice, five star. You will be on the East side of Tampa. You have everything near you with free bus trips to some places like bush guardens. Ask Tampa location rep. inside Lazy Day RV center or call them today at 800-282-7800. Thay may send you some free tour info on Tampa along with passes and or dicount tickets. lots of Free lunches at Lazy Days. I am sending two websites, one is the rally park the other is lazy days RV center. Don't worry I do not work for them, but I do know how hard it is to find a nice clean place to stay. I do not know what you like or don't, so I think of my needs. Walmart, Publex food store, Starbucks, Two Large Fualing Stations for both BP-Gas or Diesel, sorry can not recall the other station. Checkout the websites.

http://www.lazydays.com/rallypark.html

http://www.lazydays.com/
van-gogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:06 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Dogman...that looks like a great suggestion. Beadry RV in our home state of Arizona has a similar set up....I will check it out for sure. There web site listed a free 3 day 2 night stay if it's your first time...wonder what strings are attached to that deal????
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Just be fully aware that you will be camping in an RV sales showcase. All the amenities are as above, but it's like... well, you'll see. I think it's worth doing once.

Tampa and surrounding areas have nationally ranked beaches, beautiful state parks and much more be sure to get out of Lazydays if you get a chance. And, of course, Disney is just an hour to the east.

Enjoy.
Rich_in_Tampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Bruce,

We've stayed at Quail Run RV Park once. It's pretty nice, but we weren't at the MH very much during the day (2 young kids - most time at Busch Gardens). It's about 15 miles north if I-4 in Wesley Chapel. That's the only experience I have in Tampa.

We are, however, going to give Lazy Days Rallypark a try in a couple weeks. As far as I can tell, there are no strings attached to the 2 free night offer. That's what we're using - on Memorial Day weekend!

Hope that helps.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:53 AM   #9

We stayed at Rallypark last year using the 2 free night deal. Absolutely no strings. Beautiful enclosed pool, free morning paper on the doorstep etc. Clubs hold rallies there so it can get crowded. It is a bit like camping in a parking lot but you can't beat the facilities and the price!

We stayed at Bay Bayou this winter and really liked that, although some sites are close to the highway.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote