Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2011, 02:40 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
tanglewood park this weekend?

Anyone else at Tanglewood Park this weekend?

Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2011, 01:23 PM   #2

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Hey ncbounder,

Saw the post where you were camping at Tanglewood Park. Me and my husband are totally new at this having never camped before and just purchased our first rig in July. Was interested to hear how you like Tanglewood and if you have ever been to Lake Myers and if so how you liked it. We went last weekend to Mayberry Campground and was pleased with their facility. Would love to get any information from you on campgrounds that are close enough for weekend outings. Maybe we can meet up with you in the future.

Skip & Pat

Old 08-21-2011, 02:44 PM   #3

Hi Skip & Pat...welcome to IRV2! I just saw your pic of the Chateau.. nice looking rig you have there.

Tanglewood and Lake Meyers are about as different as its possible to be. Tanglewood has plenty of room, quiet, peaceful, plenty of hiking/biking trails, nature trails cable, wifi, and the rest of Tanglewood Park to visit if you are so inclined.

Lake Meyers (please in my opinion and I'm sure there are others that will disagree) is a dump. We went there once and never again. Its crowded, full of permanent weekenders, many kids in golf carts, and very old, very tight sites. It was crowded so that tells you that lots of people seem to like it, but not us.

We would be happy to meet you guys some time. Since I still work, we do a lot of weekend getaways that are relatively nearby.

Happy RVing!
Old 08-22-2011, 08:40 AM   #4

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Sounds like Lake Myers would be a place to take the grandkids but not for relaxation... Tanglewood sounds like a more relaxed atmosphere. We will be doing a lot of weekend getaways that are not far away especially until we get used to what we are doing (and of course I'm not "game" for a toad until my husband gets familiar with driving the rig--- of which he has done a great job so far) Keep in touch and maybe we can plan to meet up with you guys one weekend.

Skip & Pat
Old 08-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Hi,all I 2nd the statement about Lake Myers.Not to hyjack Nc Bouders Thread.but SkiPAT ,Have you ever tried Dan Nicholas Park in Salisbury,It is very good to R&R ,and the grandkids best CG.Also just spent a few days at Zoo Land in Ashobore,It was good and the new owners are working very hard to improve.
hope to meet on the road ---Bill& Juanita
Old 08-23-2011, 08:09 AM   #6

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Thanks guys for the input on CG. We have not tried either Dan Nichols or ZooLand---Thanks for the review on both--- will certainly give them a try. Hope to meet up you all in the future.

Skip & Pat
Old 08-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #7

We were at Tanglewood this past weekend. We were parked on site 2. We had our camping club there and we were the host for the weekend. There were several picnic tables at our site. We enjoy Tanglewood. Skipat, Dan Nichols is a great park, but you have to have reservations. We have camped at Zooland many times, and now not so sure about the new owners. We have camped there a couple times with the new owners and have seen people having problems with them. We were told that if you are there after 12 noon, you have to pay $5 for each hour there after. They sent a new camper to a site at 11:30,that was already occupied, and the person who was on it went to the office and made them give them their money back for the half hour they had to leave early. Check-in is not until 2pm. We are going back for a week, starting Sept. 13. We are going with our camping organization Family Campers and RVers.Hope everything goes well. We did have a get together at Zooland with other campers from RV.Net last month and we had 6 campers show up. Hopefully we will do it again before the year is out and more people will join us. We had a great time.

Tommy and Reba
Old 08-25-2011, 07:22 AM   #8

Tommy& Reba,
We were on site 12. I think we were the only ones on that row that was not part of the group. When they started moving all the tables to your site, I thought maybe it was a family reunion.