Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2015, 07:32 PM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Agreed, I'm super hopeful for campendium.com - they really have elevated.
I have started to leave a few reviews there. (Compendium.com)

IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2015, 09:43 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
The OP stated that when he made the reservation the owner said no deposit was necessary.
And the end result was he had no place to park. Point being, had he made a deposit, he would have been locked into a site. Since he didn't, no deposit no slot and the park used the site, which I don't agree with, but there it is.

Old 06-27-2015, 11:00 PM   #17

I guess if the owner would say "no deposit necessary", I would take it as that's their policy. Many RV parks don't require deposits.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 12:18 PM   #18

RV Parky by no means is perfect but it sure is convenient while on the road traveling with no reservations. Mileage to and phone numbers, flying j/pilot, TA and all the other places to stop, fast and easy.
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:51 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
On the road, somewhere in Indiana, 4th of July weekend. Called a few parks as we drove, were booked. Found another one, took our reservation for one night, took our credit card....when we got there they were swamped. We ended up in a pasture, next to a telephone pole that had an outlet....no water, no sewer. So much for paying ahead. It was getting late and I was tired, so we stayed , but was not real impressed. It was a nice park with lots going on and a couple fishing ponds. Just not fully truthful on the phone.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:45 PM   #20
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGBPokes View Post
On the road, somewhere in Indiana, 4th of July weekend. Called a few parks as we drove, were booked. Found another one, took our reservation for one night, took our credit card....when we got there they were swamped. We ended up in a pasture, next to a telephone pole that had an outlet....no water, no sewer. So much for paying ahead. It was getting late and I was tired, so we stayed , but was not real impressed. It was a nice park with lots going on and a couple fishing ponds. Just not fully truthful on the phone.

I would suggest a few things.

1 Post a review on RVParkReviews.com and on RVparky.com
2. If the park is affiliates with Good Sam or FMCA or other group send note to that group
3. Use your smart phone to check reviews at the above web sites to see what people are saying about the place you are considering
Old 07-01-2015, 04:25 PM   #21

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGBPokes View Post
LOL! I think I stayed at this park a couple years ago! What a joke!

I have stayed at Hickory Hills a few times as we have family close by. It is not a top drawer park by any means. Many sites are difficult to get into if you have a big rig. The owner passed a couple years ago if I remember right and the wife is trying to run it. It is quiet but I don't think there is a lot of business sense involved as she is elderly as well. It stays open with the help of friends and family. Time to retire if she can afford to. All of this is from memory as old as it is getting.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:54 PM   #22

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
An RV park we use regularly never asks for deposit...just my name. They always say to come on in, we have you on site xxx..if it's occupied find another open site and see us in the morning. It makes me a little nervous but have not been disappointed yet.
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 02:47 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Because the website states a reservation fee, my guess is the owner wanted to keep his options open by not taking the fee. That way if there was space available, you'd park and he'd get paid. If there was a large group that wanted to stay longer, he could accommodate them without having to try to cancel your reservation... and he gets paid.

Either way, he gets paid. Who knows... the large group may have wanted to stay longer than you and he would have been paid even more. It's terrible customer service from your perspective - if the reservation was a 'maybe' he should have said so. But I bet that large group loved him for it.

Wryly Blithe is offline   Reply With Quote