Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #57

Winnebago Owners Club
I like both! In-laws have a condo in Ft. Myers, FL, my Dad lives in Mission, TX.

That said, I was born & raised in the Valley (McAllen, TX) and by and large the business of Winter Texans is greatly appreciated by locals. We used to run specials for our visitors to keep them coming back. Sometimes we get the "darn tourists" vibe here in FL. (We are in Dover right now!) But the climate is similar - I grew up wearing sundresses in Christmas pictures - LOL!

Wind is a factor in TX depending on where you go - the coast & plains seem to be the windiest. I had never seen a love bug until we visited FL. Every region in Texas offers something completely unique. Texans don't measure distance in miles - it's measured in hours...

While I am biased about Texas being friendlier (it is ) Florida definitely feels more vacation-like. Disney, Universal, Busch Gardens, etc., and the tropical surroundings contribute to this. And Texas doesn't have boiled peanuts!

- Annie
Dutch-n-Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #58

We were at the citrus parade in mission last sunday hundred thousand people watching never saw a better parade. Have no problems with bugs. Wind is not bad at all. The peoole r great. Ate at taco ole in mission best buffet i ever had. Will never be back to florida the people in texas r fantastic.
ixtapamayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #59

Winnebago Owners Club
The biggest reason we bought a MH is that we can visit both! "And we do"
In fact we are headed to Florida in a couple of weeks and not driving the MH. Thought it might be better than dealing with ice in Dallas! Saw a news article on the internet about a $135 Million house on the market nearby Dallas the other day. Wonder if they will trade for a Winnebago?
Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #60

Just throwing it out there, Texas has some mighty fine State and National Parks down here.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #61
Community Administrator

For the Fl side ( which by the way has great parks ) I'll through out beaches. I've been to Galveston and So. Padre Island. No comparison to Florida's Gulf Coast or the Atlantic Ocean. Check Mate.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
For the Fl side ( which by the way has great parks ) I'll through out beaches. I've been to Galveston and So. Padre Island. No comparison to Florida's Gulf Coast or the Atlantic Ocean. Check Mate.
Cliff
Can't argue with you in regards to Florida Beaches, you guys have have some great ones
Old 01-31-2013, 05:00 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Cliff
I have been following this thread with much interest and it would appear that we have a "Chevy" v/s "Ford" conversation going on...
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #64

Iam a chevy guy just bought a classic ford. To me there is no comparison texas has much nicer and friendly people spent alot of time in fl. We r n the rio grande valley. Just to much to do. We r called winter texans not snowbirds!!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #65

I'm a die-hard Ford guy and I LOVE Texas. We try to get down there as often as possible and will be winter Texans before too long.
empty_nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #66

Fl has great strawberries this time of year, great beaches, and cool springs just about every 50 miles.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #67

Florida does not do anything except collect snowbirds money and r glad when they go home. We have a free food entertainment many other things here in the rgv showing there appreciation for us being winter texans we also have strawberries here bought a large watermelon today for 2 dollars that will not happen in florida.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:18 AM   #68

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Here's some food for thought. In Florida you could be food for these guys.

RedWing Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #69

Well we wanted to give Florida a chance so we came here first before we try Texas. After spending the past couple of weeks in Florida, traveling all over the central part, we made reservations to spend the next winter SW of Austin, we have friends that live in Austin and other places in Texas. Florida does not appeal to us, too busy, too rude, too expensive...just toooo!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #70
Community Administrator

Oh , how nice it would be if a few hundred thousand more felt like you .
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote