Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-02-2014, 06:39 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
ChileRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Palm Desert, Ca
Posts: 630
The Oregon coast in September?

We spend the summer, while the grandkids are out of school, doing things with them and taking them camping in our national parks. But come September, after Labor Day when the kids are all back in school, we travel for our own pleasure. This year for our September vacation, we are considering a trip up as far north as Seattle and then down the Oregon coast.

Is September too late in the season for this trip?
__________________

__________________
2012 Winnebago Sightseer
2003 Wrangler
...and a dog named Belle
ChileRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2014, 06:46 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Northwest coast
Posts: 45
Oregon coast

September is still a good time to travel up or down the coast.
It's a pretty trip from Seattle over to the Washington coast to hwy 101.
Then all the way to California.

Cheese trees and ocean breeze.

Jim
__________________

__________________
Jim & Anita
2001 Monaco Dynasty w/tag
Northwest Coast
Jstoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:19 AM   #3
Senior Member


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Satsop WA
Posts: 1,212
It is a great time to travel the coast. Some of our nicest weather, clear and not to hot, is the month of Sept.
You should have a blast!
__________________
2007 Alpine Limited SE
TMan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 149
It's a great time !!!!!!! We were in Pacific Shores RV in Newport and just loved it. We loved it soooooooo much we bought one of their lots and stayed THROUGH the winter. The Oregon Coast in the Winter was on our Bucket List. Loved it !
__________________
Pa Uon
2007 40 ft. Tiffin Phaeton
Pa Uon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:47 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
bdpreece's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Woodburn Oregon USA
Posts: 2,596
September is probably the best time of the year on the Oregon coast but don't tell anyone or it will start to get too crowded.
__________________
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)
2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ , ISL 400
2014 Ford Explorer toad
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 187
May be a little chilly/rainy but then that can happen any time on the coast. The Oregon St Parks are some of the best and after scholol starts it is a lot easier to get in. We Like Harris Beach near Brookings, Beverly Beach or Beach Side in the middle and Fort Stevens near Astoria, but there are lots of choices.
__________________
Melvo
08 Trail-Lite 8230
2011 Silverado 1500
Melvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:56 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
ChileRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Palm Desert, Ca
Posts: 630
Ok, cool, we'll start planning! Thanks for the recommendations. We'll take all the recommendations we can get.
__________________
2012 Winnebago Sightseer
2003 Wrangler
...and a dog named Belle
ChileRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:37 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Anacortes, WA (Stick & Brick)
Posts: 2,623
Two of Melvo's picks are favorites of ours, too. Fort Stevens isn't, mainly because we don't have a toad and it's a really long walk to the beach. We also like Cape Blanco.
__________________
Frank Damp -Anacortes, WA,(DW- Eileen)
ex-pat Brits (1968) and ex-RVers.
frankdamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:00 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Alan Wilson's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 717
We are traveling the coast as well the latter part of September and not having traveled that before I don't know if reservations are needed or if I can mostly count on a place to stay the night. I know reservations are best to have but it really locks us into a schedule and we don't like traveling that way. The flip side is if you can't keep the timeline that many parks don't offer any refunds unless they get two weeks notice and then it may only be a rain check. Yes, you can call me paranoid but I don't like paying money out for nothing. Done enough of that on my own! Lol!


Alan Wilson
__________________
Counting down the days until our next great adventure!
Alan Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:51 PM   #10
Member
 
BarkAvenue's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bend, Oregon
Posts: 67
Oregon Coast

We live in central Oregon (Bend) and just returned from 15 days on the Oregon coast. We generally go right after Labor Day but this year did first part of June and will do another two weeks in October.
We stayed one week in Winchester Bay, Oregon and then moved north to Newport, Oregon where we stayed another week.
We did day trips from both places and had amazing time.
We have favorite RV parks there and there is always something to do.
Make sure when you are north coast to visit the Tillamook cheese Factory treat yourself to cheese and ice cream.
Also the light houses along the coast are breath taking and the history is so interesting. Many great things to do along the coast. We find it easier to find a spot and take our tow to travel around.
If you go after Labor Day sometimes you will not have many folks and the weather is generally really good for the coast.
__________________
BarkAvenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:03 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Sammie's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarkAvenue View Post
We live in central Oregon (Bend) and just returned from 15 days on the Oregon coast. We generally go right after Labor Day but this year did first part of June and will do another two weeks in October.
We stayed one week in Winchester Bay, Oregon and then moved north to Newport, Oregon where we stayed another week.
We did day trips from both places and had amazing time.
We have favorite RV parks there and there is always something to do.
Make sure when you are north coast to visit the Tillamook cheese Factory treat yourself to cheese and ice cream.
Also the light houses along the coast are breath taking and the history is so interesting. Many great things to do along the coast. We find it easier to find a spot and take our tow to travel around.
If you go after Labor Day sometimes you will not have many folks and the weather is generally really good for the coast.
BarkAvenue, Since I see you live in Bend I'm just wondering if you've ever camped at Odell Lake and if the campsites would be large enough for a 40ft coach?
Odell Lake Lodge & Resort, A Resort For All Seasons. | Odell Lake Lodge & Resort | Crescent, Oregon

Thanks, Sammie
__________________
2015 Tiffin Bus 37AP
2016 Ford Explorer
"A Job Begun is Half Done"
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:38 PM   #12
Member
 
BarkAvenue's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bend, Oregon
Posts: 67
Been to Odell Lake many times however never camped.
I suggest you just call them and tell them you length and see if
they have spots.
Some of those resorts have what I call dispersed camp spot along
the lake that allow longer riggs.
Central Oregon and Deschutes National Forest has some spectacular
lake, rivers and campgrounds. We live in the woods so its our neighborhood
but still some of my favorite spots in the US...
another little jewell is LaPine State Park less than 30 miles south of Bend and nicely laid out.
Paula
__________________
BarkAvenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #13
Senior Member


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Satsop WA
Posts: 1,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Wilson View Post
We are traveling the coast as well the latter part of September and not having traveled that before I don't know if reservations are needed or if I can mostly count on a place to stay the night. I know reservations are best to have but it really locks us into a schedule and we don't like traveling that way. The flip side is if you can't keep the timeline that many parks don't offer any refunds unless they get two weeks notice and then it may only be a rain check. Yes, you can call me paranoid but I don't like paying money out for nothing. Done enough of that on my own! Lol!


Alan Wilson
I don't believe getting a spot would be very challenging during the week after Labor Day.
Maybe the weekends have a reservation and "wing it" weekdays.
Generally thats my plan.
__________________
2007 Alpine Limited SE
TMan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:59 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
tomckeon's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvo View Post
May be a little chilly/rainy but then that can happen any time on the coast. The Oregon St Parks are some of the best and after scholol starts it is a lot easier to get in. We Like Harris Beach near Brookings, Beverly Beach or Beach Side in the middle and Fort Stevens near Astoria, but there are lots of choices.
absolutely ditto to Melvo. October is even great!
__________________

__________________
Tom and Gail McKeon
2007 Beaver Contessa 43' Tag CAT C9
2010 Jeep Wrangler,2015 HD "Ultra Limited"on Hydralift
tomckeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oregon Coast Campgrounds/RV parks Bill596 Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 19 08-31-2014 12:48 PM
Help Oregon Coast... to do's rvgrammady Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 16 06-26-2014 04:59 PM
South Oregon Coast Ideas focker Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 20 06-25-2014 12:41 AM
Campground suggestion on the Oregon Coast Knagy2688 Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 7 03-27-2014 10:51 AM
Sacramento, CA to Ft. Bragg, CA then North to Oregon Coast CCFROMFL Navigation, Routes & Roads 6 01-11-2014 02:12 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.