Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It gets worse, or better, depending on your POV. TT (Well ELS) is now inviting members to meetings where they try to sell us an upgrade, I, sadly, had to decline, as I don't ahve a way to get to the meeting place.. Understand I AM IN THE PARK but can't get to the hotel where they are holding the meeting. I'd love to go to the meeting too.. But that's not so I can buy an upgarade.. It has to do with a large Samonsite suitcase I have red with blue lettering... (Inside is a full portable recording studio, complete with a "Stealth" version or two... IN short I'd go wired).

The manager says they are making all sorts of claims, I ask them why they can't hold hte meetings in the parks, They gave me all sorts of excuses. Let's just say I'd not be buying even if I had the cash.

I did ask the newsletter editor: "What, Are they so ashamed of the parks they don't want the marks. er, Members, to see them?"

Alas, no answer.

Oh, if anyone wishes to say hi.. Or give me a ride to a Catholic church on a Sunday.. I am hear today but leaving early tomorrow (Church and the other campground we stay at) for 2 weeks, then, (After church) I will be back 2 weeks from Tomorrow,, I could use a ride the Sunday after that.

The other park is Outdoor Adventure Lakeshore Resort in Davision.. I could use a ride a week from tomorrow there if anyone is a member.. When there I normally head for the "Dome" (Family center) for coffee around 8am with the guys. Easiest way to meet me.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
I quit TT and did not try to resale. I know it helps some people to stay at one but I would prefer to go hunger than stay at one.
jay24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Just left TT Natchez Trace and saw first hand another thing they are doing. One entire section of the park is now a KOA. That's right they took one whole section of the park and turned it into a KOA.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #18

Aomething like that happened near Flint Michigan. When people showed up to use their reserved spot the park called the police to have them removed. when 10 showed up the police realized there was a problem and the park owner was arrested for fraud. Park lost in court big time but it took a couple of years . Several people that bought spots on the lake that were converted to condos were given the condos by the court because they owned the property.Lotsa luck.there's a new place in South Haven Mi that is selling lots we went to visit just because . I did the math there is no way they can survive just with the monthly bills and the ammount of the investment. They have a maybe 4 month season and need 50% occupancy to pay the help and bacic bills. They average %20
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My family, and I went to a presentation, and stayed at a TT in SoCal. about 6 yrs. ago. They tried to sell it to us like a used car. We hauled ass like if the Gornikys were after us!! Good ridance. Class action is all I can say. Good luck with that.
Hurricane Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:07 PM   #20

I'm glad I read these posts. We're on the road with our RV a lot now that we've retired, and I've been looking into TT and other memberships. I'll stay away for now.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:12 AM   #21

we have been full timing in tt for over 18 yrs now.we believe its one of the best memberships out there.we have camped at almost all the tt and nacho preserves through out the us.although we haven't moved out of the orlando area recently , we are very happy to be able to stay in this preserve its our favorite always sad to leave and happy to be back.there have been many improvements the last 5 years am very pleased with them.many folks have frozen dues so tt does not get any addiontal funds to make any improvements sadly these seem to be the ones who complain the most. stop complaining and enjoy it while you can
1skatingrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:53 AM   #22

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphie View Post
I'm glad I read these posts. We're on the road with our RV a lot now that we've retired, and I've been looking into TT and other memberships. I'll stay away for now.
Don't make membership decisions based on TT's model. Look at how and where you travel, then look at what might be available, if anything, that could save you money with your traveling pattern.

We have FT'ed for five years. We belong to Passport America, Escapees, Coast to Coast and RPI. We have saved our membership dues many times over by using these memberships in our travels. If on the other hand, you tend to sit still for months on end, then you might not ever come out ahead. It all depends.

I do know that TT required a usually expensive buy-in, which then became a "home base" or something. That doesn't fit our FTing style, but may fit someone elses. It has been interesting the past few months as the TT parks are now showing up as options for us with our PA, and RPI memberships. We like the additions, but I sure can understand why I would be very unhappy if I had "bought in" to TT with what is going on.
bigmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:32 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
We bought our Alliance membership about 15 years ago for around 1300-1700, can't remember so we have gotten our monies worth out of it.
They have made major improvements to the Orlando park but are offering more and more seasonal sites. They also had better entertainment last year and had some parties providing free food.
Our dues are now $500 for 50 days and 5 any day after that. So we are paying $10 a night so can't complain. As Alliance we can make reservations 150 days out so have no problems getting in.
We are going to one of their presentations in Hagerstown MD next week so will find out what this is all about. No way will we be changing our membership as this one works for us.

We were at the Encore park in the Keys last year and it needs a lot of work. They said they were going to build a clubhouse but who knows. Some of the parks are in very good condition with good managers and others are the pits.

We did have our windshield broken by the mower at Chestnut Lake 4 yrs ago and TT replaced it but may have been before Encore,
Old 07-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #24

Solo Rvers Club
1000 Trails, IMO, can still be a good deal, but ELS has plans to wipe out almost all memberships. Existing lifetime memberships that get resold now are only good for ten yrs, not the lifetime of the member. So attrition will greatly reduce the numbers and allow them to develop the preserves into retirement parks full of park models and double-wides. That's the primary business model for ELS. It's a good thing getting stretched for a fatter bottom line....
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #25

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelheadbluesman View Post
1000 Trails, IMO, can still be a good deal, but ELS has plans to wipe out almost all memberships. Existing lifetime memberships that get resold now are only good for ten yrs, not the lifetime of the member. So attrition will greatly reduce the numbers and allow them to develop the preserves into retirement parks full of park models and double-wides. That's the primary business model for ELS. It's a good thing getting stretched for a fatter bottom line....
yes and at our last yearly meeting to pawn their upgrade membership
we were told els is not putting anymore funds into the rv parks/preserves as now the folks using their products are looking for condo deals and cruise getaways.....
sadly its true.
we go to texoma alot and most of the great sites are now yearly rental sites
we just spent two weeks at lake whitney
the preserve is great..........
potholed roads, but almost the entire park was empty except for long termers up front that work there
pool was great, but the clubhouse was only open for food once a week
almost nothing to do except swim or play putt golf on a worn out setup
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #26

Solo Rvers Club
I've researched this quite a bit. ELS has plans, and they don't care about the original TT contract holders, we're not part of their future. They are not fulfilling their contract obligations.... I wish I was a lawyer -- we need a class action suit. I've been hoping some of the contract holders might be legal eagles who might start some action. I believe they could (and should) be forced to mend their ways.
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:24 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
...we just spent two weeks at lake whitney
the preserve is great..........potholed roads, but almost the entire park was empty except for long termers up front that work there
pool was great, but the clubhouse was only open for food once a week
almost nothing to do except swim or play putt golf on a worn out setup
Don't know anything about it except to say the market is changing across the board, ALL markets, and not for the good ... and the above sounds like why ... change or die.

Kathryn

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beabop View Post
We bought our Alliance membership about 15 years ago for around 1300-1700, can't remember so we have gotten our monies worth out of it.
They have made major improvements to the Orlando park but are offering more and more seasonal sites. They also had better entertainment last year and had some parties providing free food.
Our dues are now $500 for 50 days and 5 any day after that. So we are paying $10 a night so can't complain. As Alliance we can make reservations 150 days out so have no problems getting in.
We are going to one of their presentations in Hagerstown MD next week so will find out what this is all about. No way will we be changing our membership as this one works for us.

We were at the Encore park in the Keys last year and it needs a lot of work. They said they were going to build a clubhouse but who knows. Some of the parks are in very good condition with good managers and others are the pits.

We did have our windshield broken by the mower at Chestnut Lake 4 yrs ago and TT replaced it but may have been before Encore,
Is Alliance the same as TT? And what is the Orlando resort?

Thx

Kathryn

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote