Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #29

Our experience with TT has only been attending one of their spiels to see what it's all about. We were told "if you don't buy now there won't be any place for you to stay in five years". Well....16 years from that meeting we have no trouble finding places to stay - and a lot cheaper overall than buying into TT!
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #30

One of our favorite TT cg is Morgan Hill just over the hill from Monterey Bay. Can't believe how this place has gone down hill. Now that the've allowed the public in so come their ill social manners. We just left there after a two week stay. Be assured we will not return to this cg. Also this is the sentiment of many others we talked to. Rest rooms were checked once a day and this was during the long July 4th week. This place was absolutely packed. Keep in mind there is no sewer hook up. I could go on but those that read this and have been there will know what I'm talking about. One last point is the pool bath house; shower drains don't drain . I asked the [moderator edit] maintenance guy what the problem was he said it was tree roots. In the two weeks we were there not once did I see a plumber work on the problem. So, instead of people using those showers after a swim they had to go to the rest rooms by their sites. So what happens then? No hot water for three days? This is really not acceptable.
So Cal Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:11 AM   #31

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Roo View Post
One of our favorite TT cg is Morgan Hill just over the hill from Monterey Bay. Can't believe how this place has gone down hill. Now that the've allowed the public in so come their ill social manners. We just left there after a two week stay. Be assured we will not return to this cg. Also this is the sentiment of many others we talked to. Rest rooms were checked once a day and this was during the long July 4th week. This place was absolutely packed. Keep in mind there is no sewer hook up. I could go on but those that read this and have been there will know what I'm talking about. One last point is the pool bath house; shower drains don't drain . I asked the [moderator edit] maintenance guy what the problem was he said it was tree roots. In the two weeks we were there not once did I see a plumber work on the problem. So, instead of people using those showers after a swim they had to go to the rest rooms by their sites. So what happens then? No hot water for three days? This is really not acceptable.
All I can say is INCREDIBLE! And I'm not referring to the condition of this park.
bigmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #32

Big mike your point is?
So Cal Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hummm!! You would think a 2013 EXCEL 36RKM would have its own shower and water heater. It's probably still under warranty if they are broken.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #34

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Roo View Post
Big mike your point is?
I think the moderator's may be removing posts or something at this point, so if you don't know its probably just best to leave it alone. (I don't actually know that the moderator removed them, but I had a couple of replys that showed up in my email that are not on the board)
Old 07-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #35

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
Hummm!! You would think a 2013 EXCEL 36RKM would have its own shower and water heater. It's probably still under warranty if they are broken.
Triker, I'm thinking you may have confused me with the OP?
Old 07-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #36

Tiffin Owners Club
After all this TT

Is off my list!
I never liked the sales tactics of people like that anyway time shares, vacation plans, condo sales, used cars the whole bit as soon as they open their mouths I'm in full defense mode.
So how does it compare to Coast to Coast?
Old 07-23-2012, 05:33 AM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmichael View Post
Triker, I'm thinking you may have confused me with the OP?
Sorry bigmichael, Guess I didn't see it was a Quote in your post.

So it is So Cal Roo that has the broken shower & water heater.
He's probably out of warranty.

In the last last 13 years of full time. The closest I get to a campground's shower is if it is near the laundry equipment.

I rather use my own. Never did like carrying stuff back and forth to the shower. And trying to find a way to dry myself and feet after, to stay out of the crud usually on the floor.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #38

I've been with TT for 6 yrs. they have nice parks. Although there have been a lot of changes since I've joined. If you considering joining there are things to consider. When I joined it was $6k. Didn't include mid Atlantic, or outdr world. But I did get ROD, and RPI affiliations. I got 2 weeks in the system, the one week out, then back in. 2 month advance reservation. Since then I did upgrade, so picked up longer advanced reservations, outdr World, and no weeks out. Well.....they opened to the public, and dropped ROD. After doing a lot of research, I also joined Southern Trails in Georgia, and picked up my ROD again. I also transferred my RPI from TT to So. Trails do to reservation issues. If you want the biggest bang for your buck, go the So. Trails route. You'll save a lot of money. You can always get a used TT membership.
Ocletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:23 AM   #39

I, like the rest of you bought into TT years ago. They've done nothing but erode my origial expensive membership agreement. I had to join else where to keep my ROD. I also had to move my RPI out of TT, because they wouldn't let me book the park under RPI?? I called a Encore park yesterday; they quote me $30.00 a day under TT, but $15.00 under RPI. I'm still going to use my free parks for now, but they won't get and nother penny out of me. It ashame, a real shame. To many big corporate people sucking the life out of the system.
Ocletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
I never did update on that meeting we went to. they didn't try to sell us anything, just told us which parks would be upgraded this year and that they had gotten rid of the 3rd party salesmen that they had had because of the many complaints. They gave us a gift for attending. To the person who asked. Alliance is one type of the older contracts and the Orlando preserve is about 7 miles from Disney west gate.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1skatingrin View Post
we have been full timing in tt for over 18 yrs now.we believe its one of the best memberships out there.we have camped at almost all the tt and nacho preserves through out the us.although we haven't moved out of the orlando area recently , we are very happy to be able to stay in this preserve its our favorite always sad to leave and happy to be back.there have been many improvements the last 5 years am very pleased with them.many folks have frozen dues so tt does not get any addiontal funds to make any improvements sadly these seem to be the ones who complain the most. stop complaining and enjoy it while you can

We go out 3 to 4 months every year and belong to TT and RPI...we use our membership whenever we can. I can say that after covering all the campgrounds around the country and including Alaska, I for one must say it has been great. You may not like everything about a membership, but one thing for sure if you plan your trips right, it pays in the long run.
In those 3 to 4 months out, we stay at TT on average 60 or more nites per year.....we use RPI and ROD to comply with the 7 days out
We enjoy Orlando TT and Peace River very much
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #42

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikell View Post
Aomething like that happened near Flint Michigan. When people showed up to use their reserved spot the park called the police to have them removed. when 10 showed up the police realized there was a problem and the park owner was arrested for fraud. Park lost in court big time but it took a couple of years . Several people that bought spots on the lake that were converted to condos were given the condos by the court because they owned the property.Lotsa luck.there's a new place in South Haven Mi that is selling lots we went to visit just because . I did the math there is no way they can survive just with the monthly bills and the ammount of the investment. They have a maybe 4 month season and need 50% occupancy to pay the help and bacic bills. They average %20

Your descrepition of the park (Several perople bought spots on the lake which were converted into condos, so the court gave 'em the condos) sounds a lot like a park I know.

It was not, as far as I know, EVER a thousand trails park. The nearest TT park to Flint is Saint Clair and there is no lake in that park. Less you count the oxidation pond and trust me you don't want a spot on that lake