Originally Posted by Tyler6357
Thank you for your reply. I will try calling TT for recommendations. It's nice to hear from a current member, perhaps you wouldn't mind answering a few questions:
(1) Do most of these memberships entitle you to "full hook ups" as in water, 30/50amp, and sewer hookup, or will they put you in a site with no hookups or just water and 30amp? I mean, will you always get all hookups?
(2) Do you have to make a reservation or can you just show up and get a site at most of the parks? If reservations are necessary, how difficult is it to get the days you ask for? Have you had any problems with this? What about during peek times and holidays? Also, do they ever try to burn you with reservation fees or hidden fees? Are there extra fees for more than 2 people or dogs etc??
(3) Have any of the parks turned you away because your motor home is older than 10yrs?
(4) How many people can use your membership? I mean, can you or your wife/girlfriend use it or just you? What about a brother or sister or son or daughter??
We have been members for at least the last 10 years. A few years back be upgraded to Elite which allowed us access to Outdoor World and Mid Atlantic parks in addition to the 1000 Trails and NACO. We have stayed at 12 different parks so far. Some are better than others. But as a whole, I am happy with it.
Here are some answers to your questions (at least for the parks we have visited).
(1) Some of the parks charge you an extra daily fee for 50 amps. And sometimes, it is only in certain sections. 30 amps, water, and sewer are always included.
(2) Reservations are always recommended, especially in peak season. Although, most have some overflow parking (electric only) if you come in without a reservation and the park is full. The only time I had a real problem getting in was during Christmas break at the Orlando park. I just checked daily on line waiting for cancellations and was able to get a spot for the week. There are no extra fees for extra people or dogs. We camped with my daughter's family and their dogs (5 people and 4 dogs) with no problem. There may be a limit, but it is pretty high. There are no hidden fees except for the annual dues.
(3) I have seen some pretty old RVs in the parks. I do not think there is an age restriction.
(4) The membership is for you and your spouse. With the Elite membership, my daughter can use my membership (all privileges) for $65 per year. The only restriction is that we both cannot be in a park at the same time (except for 2 weeks).
I hope this helps.