Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2010, 10:26 AM   #15

Georgetown350, My response for not returning to Lakewood was for Pjeffreysr1 and the way they treated his wife. He probably should have called MB police right away and had them there. John H...

John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2010, 10:30 AM   #16

Steve and Kathy, My preference to Pirateland is because we drove through each of the 3 the first time down there and just seem to have liked it better. After that we were just familiar with it and always return but if I were to be treated rudely, I surely wouldn't return. John H...

John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:59 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
One of the reasons I like Lakewood is that the streets are wider and less congested which makes it easy to back into the site. However we do like the lazy river and shelters at Pirate land and the idea of pull through sites with a view of the ocean at Ocean Lakes is nice to.

As far as this wallet thing goes, there are two sides to every story and this side of the story doesn't make sense to me.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:11 PM   #18
doc

Appalachian Campers
This makes little sense to me and I had 27 years on the job. You take EVERYTHING out of the wallet and then turn the empty wallet over to them? You say she accidently gave them ten dollars more than was in the wallet to begin with. This is indicative of her having mixed money she removed from the wallet with her own.
AFChap has it right. Why remove it at all? Either tell them you have it or turn it over to them. I suspect it was very suspicious to them. Never heard of such action. I am hearing attitude in your post and that may be the reason you were treated as you were and why you are on the undesrable list. Most surprising is the fact you even WANT to go back if this story is accurate.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:38 PM   #19

This story was posted on several other forms and was closed after someone did a little investigating.
85Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:08 PM   #20

We have been staying at Lakewood since the 70's for a week in April and have never had a problem there. Our whole family meets there over spring break for a "reunion"

2003 R-Vision Trail Lite 22' B+
Reno-NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:38 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
This story was posted on several other forms and was closed after someone did a little investigating.
Care to elaborate?
Old 03-22-2010, 06:44 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes Georgetown I would be curious to hear more or be directed to the link.

This sounds too strange. No one can determine your intentions as well meaning as they might have been. They can only determine your actions and you did remove the money from the wallet.

As a Sunday school secretary and Deacon does this come under the category of forgiveness?
Old 03-22-2010, 08:24 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
From the husbands post alone it seems to me that this was an attempted theft gone bad. Criminals always complain about there treatment after they get caught.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:56 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by a k View Post
Wait a minute!!! You were thrown out last year and lost $700 dollars and you called to go back?

COME ON
As per this comment & the way the story is DRAMA-TIZED, I seriously doubt that we are hearing a full and balanced scenario of the situation.

Eh!