Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Toledo Oh-Flint Mi

Any decent RV Camp Grounds between this stretch. I have looked but not much available and even less reviews. Thanks
jimlaurielucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2013, 03:46 AM   #2

Oakland County Parks are nice are nice. Groveland Oaks is close to I-75....Addison Oaks is the one we stay at often but it's a ways off the I-75 corridor. I haven't been to Groveland in a few years but Oakland County has a great Park management. The Jellystone Park in Holly used to be a dump but I have no first hand knowledge on its condition for the last 5 years. Good luck
Jd-mpmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:54 AM   #3

Holly Recreation Area and Pontiac Lake State Park both pretty nice, allow decent privacy between sites. Not the parking lot type parks at all. We just live a couple miles from Pontiac Lake State Park and go over there on occasion during the week for a change of pace?
Old 07-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Since Oakland county starts about 100 yards south of Flint and all those parks are in oakland I don't think I'd be stopping there.

There is a park off I-94 used to be Greenfield KOA

There are some state parks

you can overnight in a few mall/Wall-mart type places.

If you are a moose member.. Taylor lodge, while it lasts.

But frankly.. Toledo is a one day drive, only about 125 miles from Flint via I-75 give or take 25 miles.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #5

Totem pole park in petersburgh mi and wilderness retreat in Dundee mi are both really nice
Kingw2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #6

I would run 23 on that route? Not many truck stops available, but it does keep you out of the zoo.... No offense intended, I'm talking about potential heavy traffic!

If Oakland County won't work, a little further south (another hundred yards?) is Howell, and the Brighton Recreation area. It was nice when we were there quite some time ago, and still seems to be getting good reviews?

Howell (Michigan ) - Campground Reviews - RV Park Reviews
Old 07-08-2013, 06:17 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I take it that is not a desirable part of the country after the Sun goes down.
jimlaurielucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:54 AM   #8

I was afraid that was the way that comment would be taken. Seriously, I was talking about avoiding the I-75 traffic - during the daylight hours. It's gotten to the point they are convinced they need to widen much of it - again.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
YOu see. we don't need a 2nd bridge causer traffic never backs up on I-75 with the current one or so says it's owner.

Me.. I've seen the backups he says do not exist with my own eyes. Several miles is not uncommon. Yes, that would be a "Zoo" 23 is a good way to go.

However you go go to MDOT - Michigan Department of Transportation and get the road construction schedule so you can avoid.