Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2011, 12:22 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I will be in Tombstone this summer. I'm looking for a campground recommendation. One that is walking distance would be ideal since I won't be bringing a toad.
cliff841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2011, 05:24 PM   #16

What a place, we visited Tombstone a few years back and had a blast. We had the grandkids with us and they loved it. We stayed at the Tombstone Territories Park and the kids still talk about watching the lightning show through the big front window, as the thunder storms passed over the mountains in the distance. We plan to visit Arizona again in the future what a beautiful and diverse state.
Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Parks IN Tombstone...

I noticed that you want to be within walking distance of Tombstone. Here are the parks in Tombstone:
http://www.go-arizona.com/Tombstone/Camping/#searchbox
Old 04-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Cliff
I second Tombstone Territories but it is not walking distance but they do have shuttle and other events - at least they did in Feb this year when we visited. Better yet if you have passport america. Check them out on the internet and even give them a call. They were very good to deal with - down to earth, etc.
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:43 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the tips. A shuttle would work fine so that takes care of the walking distance requirement. I will check them out.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff841 View Post
I will be in Tombstone this summer. I'm looking for a campground recommendation. One that is walking distance would be ideal since I won't be bringing a toad.
Wells Fargo Campground is in town and you can walk to everthing. It's a little tight on some lots but we were ok with our 40ft plus tow.

Have fun.
Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:02 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
We've also stayed at Tombstone Territories and would recommend it. At the time we were there, they didn't have wifi, but Verizon worked well. The sites are very roomy. You don't feel like you're short of space there.
kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:16 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We ultimately decided to stay at Tombstone Territories. We parked the MH in Tombstone for our visit and then drove to the campground. There were very few people there as it was July. The weather was not much fun because in addition to the expected summer heat, the monsoon added unexpected humidity.

I would agree with all of the recommendations for Tombstone Territories. It was clean, the pool was the perfect temperature and the staff was very nice. We will stay there again.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:42 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
After Tombstone, if you have time head to Bisbee. Nice former mining town.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote