Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2010, 11:43 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Trailer Life 2010 Campground Directory

Any one using this?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2010, 07:04 AM   #2

We use RVParkReviews.com as our first source of CG info, usually check for a Passport America park, COE or NP first. We have the Trailerlife CD one our PC (07') version and the 06' Woodalls hardcopy which I feel are needed in the event of no internet access. I have not bothered to update either Trailerlife or Woodalls, it is my opinion that they downplay and or contain bad info when it comes to public parks.

Ex. TL will tell you the sites in Maumee Bay SP in Oregon, OH are 15' wide, we almost did not go there because of that, but take at look at RVParkReviews.com:

RV Park Reviews :: Oregon, Ohio ( OH ) - RV Parks and Campground Reviews

The sites are huge and paved and it is one of the finest SP's that we have ever been in. Another example is both TL and Woodall's will tell you that Mississippi SP's have a 32' size limit, not so. Natchez SP ($13 senior for 50 amp, water, backin on a slab) and the Trace SP ($14 50 amp, water, sewer on paved backin) are two of the finest SP's in MS. If I went by TL or Woodall's we would have missed out on two great parks. Thank God for the internet.

Bob
06' Bounder 35E

Old 12-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #3

Why waste your money when you can use the internet and get better information.
85Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #4

All the time.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:49 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I think the Trailer Life 2010 program is great. They have made HUGE improvements in this program over the past few years. I have my order in for the Trailer Life 2011 which will be shipped next month January. The 2011 Trailer Life will be upgraded from CD to DVD more info and will run faster. I also have the new DeLorme Street Atlas USA 2011 and Microsoft Streets and Trips, but my favorite is Trailer Life.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:03 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logthumper View Post
I think the Trailer Life 2010 program is great. They have made HUGE improvements in this program over the past few years. I have my order in for the Trailer Life 2011 which will be shipped next month January. The 2011 Trailer Life will be upgraded from CD to DVD more info and will run faster. I also have the new DeLorme Street Atlas USA 2011 and Microsoft Streets and Trips, but my favorite is Trailer Life.
Ditto on logthumper, I have the Delorme GPS hooked up to my laptop so I can see what Campgrounds are in the area when we feel like stopping. I can switch from the Delorme Maps to the Trailer Life CD. I am looking forward to the new DVD which I have ordered.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:55 PM   #7

We do use the hardcopy Trailer Life 2010 and it meets our needs. I also have computer disc for some travel RV park programs but my spouse (copilot) prefers the book.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:13 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Hi burgiebill,

I use the hard copy and the P/C version. They each serve my needs very well.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:47 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
Ditto on logthumper, I have the Delorme GPS hooked up to my laptop so I can see what Campgrounds are in the area when we feel like stopping. I can switch from the Delorme Maps to the Trailer Life CD. I am looking forward to the new DVD which I have ordered.
Ditto back to you Chuck, Loading both Trailer Life and DeLorme, both running on GPS, gives you the best of both. Alt + Tab will toggle the programs back and forth.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #10

2010 TLD on CD works great. It is really worth the upgrade over the earlier versions. You have to play with it to learn all of the features in the program, too many people wont learn the program and say it doesnt give them enough information. I will get the 2011 DVD when it is available. Also use S&T and the GPS built into the dash.
AC eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:22 PM   #11

I refer to all the sources mentioned above when RVing. I usually update either the TL or the Woodalls big book ever couple of years. I also have the TL CD for my computer. And I do look in both RVparkreviews and Google RV parks. Since we belong to AAA they have camp books too. And Frommers has a book that does a very good job with many of the public RV parks.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:41 PM   #12

I was planning on getting the 2011 DVD, but discovered that the netbook we take in the RV doesn't have a fast-enough CPU. TL reckons it needs 2.0 MHz and the ASUS is only 1.6 Meg.

I discovered, by an inquiry on a computer "geek" bulletin board, that the system the DVD is built from is available on-line for free. You just have to wi-fi hot access to use it.

It's at www.trailerlifedirectory.com
Old 02-15-2011, 09:41 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Trailer Life 2011 arrived today. Looks good.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:07 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
I use most of the sources previously noted. I also recently started using Google map by entering a close city and clicking on " search nearby" and entering "camp grounds or RV resorts. These lists usually have user ratings comments. Of course you have to have a laptop and way to connect to the internet.