Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2008, 06:31 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Anybody with any information on this organization? The good, the bad and the ugly.

They have two sites at this point. One in Gettysburg, Pa and one in Southern Pines, NC.

Thanks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2008, 06:31 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Anybody with any information on this organization? The good, the bad and the ugly.

They have two sites at this point. One in Gettysburg, Pa and one in Southern Pines, NC.

Thanks.

Old 10-04-2008, 07:50 AM   #3

Just visited the one in Gettysburg Pa a few weeks ago. I was not particularly impressed although they are doing work to it they will start you at about 8K for the membership and of course there is the yearly fee after that.

We opted not to tie ourselves to two campgrounds for that amount of money one in N.C and one in PA.

If you are looking to limiting yourself to two parks and not travailing then it maybe for you but you could probably make out better by buying someone's existing membership that wants to sell their time share. When I researched this place when we got home I found a membership to this organization on line for 2K.

One more thing they will tell you that they are associated with other parks throughout America and you can stay at each one of these for ten dollars a night. Beware of the restrictions Holidays and in season their members come first, and some close out the parks to non members all together especially in Florida on the on season.

All I can say is do your research to make sure this is what you want and it will fit your style of RVing it did not for us.
Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:27 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
If this is the organization you are talking about, true they only have 2 resorts in their system. However, according to their website, they have access to "over nearly 300 private resort campgrounds." So, if you buy into one of Travel Resorts of America's two parks, you'll have access to RV parks in some other system...C2C, RPI, or one of the other many campground membership systems around.

Does that mean it's a good deal for you? Maybe, maybe not. First, how much do they want to buy into one of their resorts? How much is the annual maintence fee? Are the other campgrounds in the system you have access to in areas where you will travel? If you find it isn't for you, what do you have to do to get rid of the resort membership?
Old 10-04-2008, 03:42 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for the input.

I am not looking to purchase anything. My reason for asking is that while we were at the Hershey show we signed up for their $1,000.00 worth of free camping. Guess what! Seems they drew our name as the winner. To get the 40 nights of free camping we have to go there and listen to the spiel, but they have said the camping is for either of their sites and has no expiration. Guess we'll see.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:58 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
We live 25 mins away and somehow got on their mailing and calling list. I wanted to see the park so rode over to take the tour. The salesperson wasn't hi pressure and when we said we weren't interested especially since their NC park was a RPI for us and we can stay there for $10 a night but it only has 33 full hook ups. When we left we were given a VCR and a $20 gas card. If you wanted a membership, I'm sur campgroundresales.com would have a reasonable one.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:48 AM   #7

Oldrtdcr: We had the same offer after listing to the sales pitch they gave us the free camping nights at the park and of course it was only good Monday thru Thursdays.

I think drawl everyone as a winner.
Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #8

We went to the one in NC. The sales pitch was pressuring. we got the 40 nites free(Mon-Thurs) For the sales price you can camp alot all over America for that price
Old 10-09-2008, 01:12 PM   #9

A timeshare is a timeshare is a timeshare . . .. Whether it be a dirt pad or a luxury condo in Barbados, you don't own diddley except a piece of paper and an expensive maintenance fee.

I used to do some contract work for the largest timeshare corporation in the world. It's kind'a like sausage - if you see it being made, you probably will never eat it again.

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:57 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ruffinit:
For the sales price you can camp alot all over America for that price </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'd never recommend buying a new membership since there are lots of used memberships that are available which you can usually buy for a few hundred dollars.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:46 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
We went, we stayed, we saw, we listened. Had a great drive from NW Pa to Adams County Pa. on a glorious weekend. The leaves are looking great this year.

The folks were nice and we listened to them. As I said earlier, we weren't going to buy anything and we didn't.

We spent two nights free, got 40 more nights free (yes, Monday through Thursday, but I can golf at Pinehurst just as well on a Tuesday as I can on a Saturday) and $200.00 in fuel!

We checked out all the other campgrounds around Gettysburg while we were there inasmuch as we are headed back for a week in April of next year.

So, thanks for all the input and suggestions. We had a great weekend and learned a little for future reference.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:59 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
That NC site is not in Southern Pines, NC. The only RV campground Pinehurst had that was just north of town was sold to hospice. Hospice is going to build a facility on that site.
I fallowed the link to that website and looked at the location of the NC site. It's actually in the outskirts of Aberdeen, and you should be aware that Aberdeen is a superfund site. EPA
MB
Explorer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:59 AM   #13

The park in NC was a membership park for us and was good, but we moved to west coast and sold it. But we had a resale membership and had a great deal of problems getting reservations for Holidays. Even though this was our home park , we couldn't get in then. They give priority to those who had better memberships (ie paid more money). So if you are planning to spend much time there , think about the different memberships available and ask alot of questions.