Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2014, 12:15 PM   #1

Travel Resorts of America Meeting (TRA)

Has anyone been to TRA's meeting to obtain their new picture ID cards. I am wondering what these big changes in my Resort Program they are going to drop on me when I attend next month? How much more are they going to try to squeeze out of me.
2009 37ft Four Winds Magellan Ford V10:2011 Honda CRV Toad/2008 Keystone Sprinter
ewg1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2014, 01:14 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Yes, we attended it several weeks ago. Bottom line is that have and are adding more resorts. With your current membership you're limited a couple of the current parks, but NOT any new ones. Basically they will HARD SELL/PUSH you to upgrade your current membership to cover the new resorts for anywhere from $5,000 to $12,000 more. Basically we told the sales man to stuff it because when we bought our membership ONE OF THE MAIN questions asked was if we'd have access to the Pymatuning Resort and were told YES. Well as it is now we will NO LONGER have access to Pymatuning. By the way YES you must attend in order to get the pics for the new I.D./Park Access cards because these meeting are the ONLY place they're taking the pics for the cards.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:30 PM   #3

Thanks D, I will be prepared for this attempt to make me upgrade. I will express my disappointment with all the promises my sales lady had made when I bought in to TRA. And their is NO WAY I'm going to invest anymore money into my current membership! Did you get your picture ID's after you said NO to paying out more?
2009 37ft Four Winds Magellan Ford V10:2011 Honda CRV Toad/2008 Keystone Sprinter
Old 11-25-2014, 05:59 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
We had out pics taken but as of yet have not received the new I.D. Cards.
Old 11-26-2014, 03:34 PM   #5

$5,000 to $12,000 more??? What is the beginning charge & what do you get for that??

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #6

My wife and I went to have our pictures taken for our TRA membership ID cards. I would have to ask when does a HARD/PUSH to upgrade your membership becomes a treat?

The person we met with ID himself as a TRA employee, and an Ex-Police officer. He went over the upgrades that we should take advantage of NOW! We told him we were still waiting for all the promises made to us when we joined to be met. He then started to get a little upset with us, and informed us that almost everything we are waiting on to happen, WON’T. That our sales person must have be confused! And went on to tell us that if we didn’t pay another $6995 to $13995 right then and there, we WOULD be SORRY. Is that a THREAT? Then he wished us luck trying to get a reservation in the future. Now remember we already paid several thousand dollars to be a member in the first place. So we’ll have to see what the future brings.
But thanks for the heads up on this meeting, it really helped.

Old 12-19-2014, 05:04 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ed; One of the points our Salesman?? used on us was, he knew we had an ROD membership also and tried telling us that ROD was about to go belly up due to financial issues. From how hard he tried to sell the upgrade I think that it's more a case of TRA having overextended themselves financially and now trying to recoup their losses on the backs of their members before they go belly up!! Our salesman actually reduces the $12,000 down to about $4,000 for our upgrade.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:03 PM   #8

You would think that they would be treating us as royalty for what we paid to join in the first place. My wife is still very upset from our meeting. I made a mistake on the $13995 it was $12995. I do believe the $6995 price was lowered to $4000. They told me that the reservation system for Coast to Coast is now a TRA product? I don’t know about this I’ll call Coast to Coast and ask them if this is true. My wife is just so upset about the way we were treated as members. She couldn’t sleep at all last night. We do enjoy camping at the Gettysburg resort. It’s really sad that the sales dept. has to act this way. Oh, did you see the maintenance fee chart they presented. I stopped looking past the $1600 a year projection.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:33 PM   #9

Please do not get me started on this TRA/gettysburg membership...we spent $7000 and have been severely disappointed and feel completely "ripped off." The salesman and the manager lied to us when we bought this and now we are stuck with a horrible deal apparently forever and can only get out of it if we paid another $4000. The id cards are a way to convince you to upgrade or opt out. Either way, you are out more money. If you go to the resort and stay the two weeks each year or longer, it might be worth it but the gettysburg resort is not a resort, it's a campground with uneven spots and fair to poor upkeep. We are so sorry we got involved and would love to get rid of it but we are locked into keeping it for 2 more years as part of the fine print in the iron clad contract before we have to pay them again in the form of a fee to assign it to someone else. The guy at the photo Id meeting said there are hundreds of members who can't give them away. What does that tell you?????
Sunshine23 is offline   Reply With Quote