Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #1

Smile travel to Branson Mo

Camp ground near Branson Mo. Close to festivities ( we do not tow)
any suggestions. 38 ft motorhome.
scoop104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #2

You need to be someplace where you can catch a bus or cab. Branson is NOT the place to use your RV for running around. Lots of traffic.
OldChief7155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop104 View Post
Camp ground near Branson Mo. Close to festivities ( we do not tow)
any suggestions. 38 ft motorhome.
musicland campground, is right off the strip. did not stay there but it looked nice, we stayed at ABC rv park, was nice but had a car with us. 888-248-9080 musiclandkampground.com
bcbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:53 AM   #4

We also just came from ABC and it was nice but you need a vehicle to get around.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #5

We are thinking of trying Branson's Lakeside RV Park. Has anybody stayed there ? What's your opinion ? Thanks,
Monkey
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:12 AM   #6

Branson

We are staying at Acorn Acres. After talking with several parks they are one of the widest and flatest parks. Will let you know camping Oct 4-15
Old 09-15-2012, 05:32 AM   #7

We are headed there in a few weeks (no TOAD) so I would be happy to get the same info.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #8

Personally, I wouldn't try a 38' near Branson (the town, or the Strip). We stay in Branson West and have a tow and have been going there in the spring for the last 5 years. I think you'll want a rental car to get around. Even most of the Show's parking lots are angled straight up or down ...................... Just my 2 cents ............................

P.S. Make sure you call ahead for any of the shows as they are still repairing the area after the Spring Tornado.

P.S.P.S. For the best deals on shows and not a ripoff joint (no looking at Condos), check out the 2 for 1 Ticket place on the east side of the strip close to town (It's the Purple building)
Old 09-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrowne View Post
musicland campground, is right off the strip. did not stay there but it looked nice, we stayed at ABC rv park, was nice but had a car with us. 888-248-9080 musiclandkampground.com
We have stayed at the Musicland Campground. Excellent. It's great especially when you don't have a tow. You are a few short blocks from much of the attractions to see. A long walk or a taxi call will get you anywhere else. Have fun!
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #10
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Stagecoach RV Park - across the COE Bridge but check with them and see if they still have a shuttle into town. They are also a full time Passport America CG.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:11 AM   #11

the lakeside park is good ,we have stayed there 3 or 4 times but you will need a auto no matter where you stay unless you love to walk and walk and walk .I did this the first trip i made back in the early 80's don't want to now don't think i could now, i would guess from lakeside to the west side of the strip would be about 7 miles But! it is all stores , eating places .rent a car you will be glad you did
swampdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:35 AM   #12

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
Personally, I wouldn't try a 38' near Branson (the town, or the Strip). We stay in Branson West and have a tow and have been going there in the spring for the last 5 years. I think you'll want a rental car to get around. Even most of the Show's parking lots are angled straight up or down ...................... Just my 2 cents ............................

P.S. Make sure you call ahead for any of the shows as they are still repairing the area after the Spring Tornado.

P.S.P.S. For the best deals on shows and not a ripoff joint (no looking at Condos), check out the 2 for 1 Ticket place on the east side of the strip close to town (It's the Purple building)
Thank you..... We do not plan on driving the rig to shows. appreciate all the info.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #13

Thanks everybody ! As strange as it sounds for Branson, we don't plan on seeing any shows this time, it's just a camping trip with the kids.(Danes) Shelby is 10+ yrs old with bad hips, so we'll be staying close to home (rv) for now. Thanks again, and I'll post an update in a few days.
Darel
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:13 AM   #14

RV Park at Branson, MO.

Probably the best bet for parking is KOA. Great location and if you are in good shape you may walk to some shows. Should make reservations.
tropivrr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel