Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2014, 01:53 AM   #1

Traveling to the fl Keys

Just wandering about traveling through Florida. I'm going to make that trip Saturday and Sunday 22 /23 November, taking 95 south. Can anyone tell me about the rest area or somewhere I can overnight around Daytona to 50 miles south of Daytona
mrrob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2014, 02:43 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
You cannot legally overnight in rest areas along I95 in Florida near Daytona. A campground will cost you about $40. Walmarts in Florida generally have signs for no overnighting. There are campgrounds near St Augustine and Titusville that can be found on Allstays app or in Google.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:10 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I see you have 2 threads going on this subject, As far as Florida goes.....Florida Department of Transportation - Office of Maintenance Rest Area, Service Plaza, Truck Comfort Station (WIM), and Welcome Center Info Information

" Overnight camping is not permitted, but visitors may stay for up to three hours."

Now I have to ask, is this just directed at RV'S? What do truck driver's do when they pull in and have to take 10 hours off??
Old 11-16-2014, 03:57 AM   #4

Google " Blue Cypress Lake County Park " near Fort Pierce, FL. Never been there but it says it's free.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Google " Blue Cypress Lake County Park " near Fort Pierce, FL. Never been there but it says it's free.
I've never stayed there but it's actually quite a bit north of Ft. Pierce ... it's north of Vero Beach.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:32 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
I see you have 2 threads going on this subject, As far as Florida goes.....Florida Department of Transportation - Office of Maintenance Rest Area, Service Plaza, Truck Comfort Station (WIM), and Welcome Center Info Information

" Overnight camping is not permitted, but visitors may stay for up to three hours."

Now I have to ask, is this just directed at RV'S? What do truck driver's do when they pull in and have to take 10 hours off??
I have often wondered the same thing. The truckers are required to stop for rest so I don't see how they could be told to leave. RVers drive large vehicles that could cause mayhem if you fell asleep yet you could be asked to to go. Why?

That said we pulled into a rest area south of St. Augustine that had "nightly patrolled" signs and stayed overnight without incident. Don't make it look like you are camping might help. No slides out, jacks down, chairs out... you get the picture.

You can overnight in Flying J lots. Have to get there early as some RVers seem to call it a night around 3pm so the lot is full if you stop late. There is one at I95 exit 131, Ft. Pierce.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:40 PM   #7

We are at Crystal Lake RV PArk in Mims. It's right off 95 at the oak hill scottsmoor exit going south. You will see a sign for Stuckeys. Exit 231 I believe.
Noisey from the traffic but nice for a stop over and rest.
We decided to stay the winter then head out.

Sheila and Roger
3 dogs
04 Country Coach Allure
swedegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:43 PM   #8

Forgot to mention discount for good Sam and passport America. Full hookups.
swedegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:00 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
There are several Walmarts along I-95 south of Daytona that allow over night parking.
We parked at the Walmart off I-95 exit 129 near Fort Pierce a few weeks ago and it was good, nice big lot, 6 other RV's arround us. Also Walmarts near exits 173(Palm Bay),exit 191 (Hwy 50) and exit 215 (south of Titusville) allow overnight parking.

GREGORYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:16 PM   #10

Evergreen Owners Club
What about Cracker Barrels? I typically overnight in them.
artpe54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel