Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
You have a lot to choose from!

How about one more?

Eastport Windjammers. Half the price of Bah Hawbah, and better scenery, longer ride.
Eastport Windjammers
Do they offer any campsites? I can't find them on their website.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Blondie View Post

Do they offer any campsites? I can't find them on their website.
They are the cruise.

This is some of the local camping.

http://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/Maine/Lubec.html

The right hand margin links you to other local cities.

We stayed at Seaview CG in Eastport
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #45

Send a message via Skype™ to ROMANICHEL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercat83 View Post
We will be crossing into Maine sometime in beginning of October. First will be travelling across Canada, visiting the Maritimes and then the Eastern Seaboard. Any tips (RV Parks etc) you can provide us will be much appreciated. We are travelling with a 40 ft 5th wheel. Most of the time we need to be plugged in at nite, CPAP has to be running. Want to travel all the way to Florida then go to Arizona and back up home. Home being Vancouver Island. Thanks in advance.
A few must: kiwanis Ocean front campgroud in St-Andrews NB, Bar Harbor and Acadia park in Maine, and in October we will be at the Moorings Oceanfront campground, in Belfast Maine great place for lobsters, clams and mussels picking, have a safe trip.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #46

Appalachian Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
I thought Camden was amazing! No campsites I could find but it was years back. If you google it and look at the images it is classic Maine!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #47

My husband & I went to Maine 2 yrs ago. I won a camper on EBay & we traveled from Va to Bangor Maine to get it. Since we were already there we went to Bar Harbor Island & went camping. Planned on 2 nights but stayed 5. Oh what a great time we had exploring. So beautiful. Explored Acaidia State Park, gorgeous. Wanted to do a lot more but with cleaning camper & hunting down a mattress store that took some time. We are going back. We stayed at Bar Harbor Campground. Was pretty nice. No beach access but ocean view. But perfect for a moment notice.
24therode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #48

Looking for some local knowedge/experience which it sounds like you have. We're travelling, 42' motorhome plus Chevy Avalanche in tow, up the East coast . From Portland, Maine north, we plan to travel on 1 instead of 95. Want to cross into Canada at Lubec, New Brunswick and then ferry to Deer Island and off again to L'Ete, New Brunswick. Any concerns or potential problems I should consider, specifically, MH size, tow length, etc. Suggestions for todo's and or campgrounds along the way, also appreciated.

Thanks, Mario and Ann
mlacute1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #49

I wouldn't bother taking Rt 1 as far south as Portland. I'd get on it no further south than Brunswick. There are a lot of lights and traffic on Rt 1 until you get north of Bar Harbor and head downeast.

In my opinion the most beautiful part of Acadia National Park is not around Bar Harbor but Schoodic Point. That area is much less visited and more naturally beautiful. Don't; know about RV parks there but I would park the coach and travel there via towed car. It will be 10 to 20 degrees cooler at Schoodic than Bar Harbor.

Our favorite parts of the coast are Central Maine (SO Thomaston/Owls Head (see the transportation museum), Rockland/Rockport/Camden to Belfast) and Downeast- between Bar Harbor and the Canadian border.

You didn't ask but our most memorable trip from Maine was to Prince Edward Island. Beautiful place/beautiful people

If you're coming south and you want a different view take Rt 9 (called The Airline) to Bangor and I 95

Wife is a native Mainah and I lived there for 20 years.
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSkinner View Post
I can get a 30 amp site at Koa but there are 4 of us and I'm thinking if we need to run 2 air cons and my Cheater doesn't work well we'll just be in trouble
I thought if its not inconvenient I'd rather have 50 amps
Try Narrows Too--- we are there now and there are several vacant 50 amp sites
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #51

Send a message via Skype™ to vermilye
Quote:
Originally Posted by datrbone8 View Post
I wouldn't bother taking Rt 1 as far south as Portland. I'd get on it no further south than Brunswick. There are a lot of lights and traffic on Rt 1 until you get north of Bar Harbor and head downeast.

In my opinion the most beautiful part of Acadia National Park is not around Bar Harbor but Schoodic Point. That area is much less visited and more naturally beautiful. Don't; know about RV parks there but I would park the coach and travel there via towed car. It will be 10 to 20 degrees cooler at Schoodic than Bar Harbor.

Our favorite parts of the coast are Central Maine (SO Thomaston/Owls Head (see the transportation museum), Rockland/Rockport/Camden to Belfast) and Downeast- between Bar Harbor and the Canadian border.

You didn't ask but our most memorable trip from Maine was to Prince Edward Island. Beautiful place/beautiful people

If you're coming south and you want a different view take Rt 9 (called The Airline) to Bangor and I 95

Wife is a native Mainah and I lived there for 20 years.
Have to agree. I stopped at Scoodic Point for the first time on a trip to Nova Scotia and found it well worth the stop. I journaled the trip here.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #52

We are at the Mooring Oceanfront in Belfast for the next 3 weeks, great weather, good lobsters $4.50 pounds and excellent wine , if you drive in the area come and say hello :-)
Old 07-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #53
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
ROMANICHEL

Say hi to Ecko and Jim tell them Warren and Laraine from NJ said hello. Enjoy the view, check out the sunrises and sunsets
Old 07-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG1 View Post
ROMANICHEL

Say hi to Ecko and Jim tell them Warren and Laraine from NJ said hello. Enjoy the view, check out the sunrises and sunsets
GG1 I sure will say hi to both of them.. , very quiet out here, the place is only half full, can't understand why !!! Such a beautifull place, being comming here for years,
Old 07-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #55

National RV Owners Club
Just another Idea for travailing.

I am not sure if this is POLITICAL or not but here goes.
If you are always looking for a campground or a place just to park for the night I will tell you what I did, I joined the Elk's Lodge and it able me to camp at different lodges all over the Country. (you can by books that cover the Country).
My wife and I traveled from Calif. to Main then dawn to Florida, we were gone for 6 months or more and stayed at 36 Elk's lodge's by the time we got home.
Check out your phone book for your location.

Just a thought.
Walter5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:08 AM   #56

Maine , New Brunswick

Hi the wife and I were here 2012, Great trip the further north you go the less people. I'm not the best typer but...

Rt 9 what some call the Airline , because lots of hills we had no problem 2500 crew cab pulling a 27ft. TT. With our 2yr old Airdale ,yes we brought papers from the vet.
We were on this road I think from Bangor to Calais where we entered Canada
NO problems. Just drive nicely and you won't fly.
One of the absolute highlights of the trip camping on Grand Manan Island N B At the Hole in the Wall CG we nudged into a spot just off the cliff stayed a week. This site no utilities.They do have sites for you this place is very close to the ferry landing although the whole island is not big.
With your size trailer there is a provincial CG on the south end of the island I think W+ E maybe sewer. Nice place
The ferry to the island can accommodate your rig easy, 2hr ride, multiple travel times. I think every 2-4 hrs,two ferries.

The island peace and quiet, hiking fresh fish. This could be a great place to take a whale cruise as you are further into the Bay of Fundy. Actually one of the reasons for going to the island was an advertisement for the Hole in the wall CG that stated you might get woken up from the sounds of whales. No whale sounds no whales. We could not find a suitable pet sitter .(When we wed, we all choose our own jail cell) . Man or Women.

St Andrews was a nice "LITTLE" town.

I think the ferry to Deer island could be a problem for your size rig I would call and ask.

Light Houses abound,Fort Williams, Portland Headlight, West Quaddy LIghthouse,

Eastport Me. nice town to walk around, lunch,dinner, shop.

GOOD Luck

Jeff And Sally
tiby is offline   Reply With Quote