Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #1

tx coastal town rv campsites?

Would like to know of little communties along TX's coast that has RV campsites on the beach. I am looking at Padre National park which looks nice enough, but lot's of rules. Anyone ever stopped at a small little RV campsite on the beach where Papa and grandson can metal detect,feed the seagulls, have a campfire and run our generator? We are planning our first RV camping adventure! So excited! We plan to pull out of North East TX Nov 13 for 10 days during grandson's Thanksgiving vacay! Yeah, turkey on the beach. Thanks for any info or tips, honeyst
honeyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I know there are campgrounds on Galveston Island, but unfortunately we have not been there so I can't really make a recommendation.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:30 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Check out the Rockport, Fulton Beach area just N. of Corpus Christi. Wonderful area

Steve & Lynette
Old 11-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #4

There is the State Park on Galveston Island. It is located right on the beach so you can feed the seagulls and hunt for treasure. Not sure what the rules are there for campfires. You can run your generator there all you want. It's located on the seawall and could get pretty windy during Thanksgiving holidays. Have fun!
GRIFF53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickadee View Post
Check out the Rockport, Fulton Beach area just N. of Corpus Christi. Wonderful area

Steve & Lynette
thanks a million! Haven't heard of either one. We are so excited.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFF53 View Post
There is the State Park on Galveston Island. It is located right on the beach so you can feed the seagulls and hunt for treasure. Not sure what the rules are there for campfires. You can run your generator there all you want. It's located on the seawall and could get pretty windy during Thanksgiving holidays. Have fun!
Hip hip hurray! Thank you! Before we bought a rv, we went to Longbeach MS with the grandson. People were so accomodating to the kiddo. I never saw rules about feeding seagulls either! I don't know what that's about. However, cold front due to sweep through that area just in time to ruin our trip. Sigh. I'm a native Texan and find myself dissappointed in all the rules about feeding seagulls and children in the pools, ect. Really?
Old 11-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #7

Beach and fun in Texas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyst View Post
Would like to know of little communties along TX's coast that has RV campsites on the beach. I am looking at Padre National park which looks nice enough, but lot's of rules. Anyone ever stopped at a small little RV campsite on the beach where Papa and grandson can metal detect,feed the seagulls, have a campfire and run our generator? We are planning our first RV camping adventure! So excited! We plan to pull out of North East TX Nov 13 for 10 days during grandson's Thanksgiving vacay! Yeah, turkey on the beach. Thanks for any info or tips, honeyst
Galvenston island state park. One of one of the best. Plenty of wide open beach and campfire are great. Just past the park you can drive on the beach. Metal detect till you drop. Alot better than staying at private parks for you have all the room you want and no one watching over your shoilder, plus way cheaper.We stay here each time we go west.
bigd42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Feeding the sea gulls is frowned on by others in the area because they drop lots of poo.
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #9

Nueces County park in Port Aransas has camping right on the beach. There are no hook ups but access to showers and restrooms. You also can camp in the park with hook ups. If you are self contained you camp right on the beach, for the cost of a permit. This is allowed further down the beach. Usually limit to a few days but we have stayed longer without any problems. Camp fires are allowed. Generators too. We have taken our grandchildren many times. Camping right on the beach is fun!
www.nuecesbeachpark.com
Also, Mustang Island State Park is just down the beach too. My opinion is Padre is not as nice and further away.
Have fun! Nothing better then Turkey on the beach!
Txhikergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhikergal View Post
Nueces County park in Port Aransas has camping right on the beach. There are no hook ups but access to showers and restrooms. You also can camp in the park with hook ups. If you are self contained you camp right on the beach, for the cost of a permit. This is allowed further down the beach. Usually limit to a few days but we have stayed longer without any problems. Camp fires are allowed. Generators too. We have taken our grandchildren many times. Camping right on the beach is fun!
www.nuecesbeachpark.com
Also, Mustang Island State Park is just down the beach too. My opinion is Padre is not as nice and further away.
Have fun! Nothing better then Turkey on the beach!
Thanks for so much inforamtion! The learning curve here is pretty steep! lol. We HOPE we are self contained but first camping trip in a rv. If I have to worry about the 5yr old stepping on grass, or calling our name too loudly I just soon stay at home or go to MS in cold. Thanks again!
Old 11-12-2012, 08:38 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd42 View Post
Galvenston island state park. One of one of the best. Plenty of wide open beach and campfire are great. Just past the park you can drive on the beach. Metal detect till you drop. Alot better than staying at private parks for you have all the room you want and no one watching over your shoilder, plus way cheaper.We stay here each time we go west.
Man, I was starting to think Rving was for crotchity old folks that need their meds adjusted! We are going to check this place out first. And the Nuecesbeach park. Sounds as if Aiden can run,dig in sand,have seagulls take bread from his hand and search for buried pirate treasure! The people in this forum have been so helpful and friendly, I don't think we could learn how to RV without their help. Papa and I are so excited--love this grandparent thing!
Old 11-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #12

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyst View Post
Man, I was starting to think Rving was for crotchity old folks that need their meds adjusted! We are going to check this place out first. And the Nuecesbeach park. Sounds as if Aiden can run,dig in sand,have seagulls take bread from his hand and search for buried pirate treasure! The people in this forum have been so helpful and friendly, I don't think we could learn how to RV without their help. Papa and I are so excited--love this grandparent thing!
Our first camping went so well! No problems at all! Stayed at Sandpiper RV Resort right on the beach in Galveston. This place was immaculate,friendly and other guest were as friendly as if we knew everyone! Our 5yr old grandson has a blast! I am so glad nothing went wrong on our first visit to a rv park. Whew! I must say, we were really nervous pulling into the park. Seems silly now.lol Thank you everyone for your imput, you gave us the nerve to RV forward!
Old 11-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #13

Honeyst was in Henderson for holiday I stay at mile maker 4 tiki toms what did you pay a night
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #14

sandpiper resort

Quote:
Originally Posted by whem2fish View Post
Honeyst was in Henderson for holiday I stay at mile maker 4 tiki toms what did you pay a night
I think it was 40.00 per night. May have been 47.00 but Mike isn't home right now to ask for sure. Do any of the RV parks sell ice? I found if odd that we couldn't buy ice here. The venodrs would provide that machine at no cost to the park, seems like a win-win to me.