Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Under the big oak

Camping at Silver Springs campground at Rio WI. The big oak they said is believed to be over 250 years old, looks good and solid for it's age. Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Silver Springs campsite..jpg
Views:	253
Size:	434.4 KB
ID:	43767   Click image for larger version

Name:	Silver Springs under big Oak..jpg
Views:	133
Size:	367.7 KB
ID:	43768  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Nice. Is that an economy-sized adult beverage I see in your hand there? Even nicer.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
We use to visit a work friend and her husband there, year's ago. They had a seasonal site there for a number of years.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:12 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
Nice. Is that an economy-sized adult beverage I see in your hand there? Even nicer.
The doctor said that one drink a day won't hurt. So when I have one I make it count. Besides one small drink before the evening meal makes it more enjoyable. Jim
Old 08-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvjimmy View Post
The doctor said that one drink a day won't hurt. So when I have one I make it count. Besides one small drink before the evening meal makes it more enjoyable. Jim
Ha! When I was a much younger man in school, I worked in a restaurant. I burned my hand pretty bad one night. Went to the doc-in-a-box and the young doc who wrapped it up advised me to "Keep a cold beer on it until the pain goes away." I always follow my doctor's advice.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvjimmy View Post
...Besides one small drink before the evening meal makes it more enjoyable. Jim
Is that a slam on Kate's cooking?
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:19 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
We moved yesterday to Pike Lake Campground which is part of the Kettle Moraine State Forest. A small but nice campground, 17 dollars a night and has 50 amp service, paid 36 at that private and only had 30 amps. Nice hiking trails here and very scenic as you can hike to the lookout tower and see the steeples of the huge church at Holy Hill. Good times as always at a State Park. Jim
Old 08-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Went to the WI State Fair yesterday, lot's of people and things to see and eat. Must have walked what seems like 500 miles, didn't have enough though and went to Holy Hill Basilica. This giant church is out in the boonies and on top of a big hill, great scenery and a lot of stairs ( they do have a elevator ) and two bell towers. You can go to the top of the one,178 steps once you get to the bottom, took a couple PIC's from up there. I will post a few more once Kate sends them to me from her phone. Jim
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Holy Hill Steeple shot.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	43978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Top of steeple Holy Hill.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	43979  

Old 08-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Jay check this out a Lazy Days in WI. This place wouldn't make a pimple on the one in FL's, well you know what I mean. Jim
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Lazy Days.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	44019